Windows 10: Windows 10 external microphone - possible solution

Discus and support Windows 10 external microphone - possible solution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; a simple microphone solution that worked for my HP laptop running Windows 10 [after tearing my hair out for hours and trying all the fixes i found on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pfsoto, Dec 20, 2015.

1. pfsoto Win User

Windows 10 external microphone - possible solution

a simple microphone solution that worked for my HP laptop running Windows 10 [after tearing my hair out for hours and trying all the fixes i found on the internet, to no avail; after I did this, VOILA! a working external mic]

Click the [Start Button]
    Click on/select [All apps]
    Scroll down and click on [Settings]
    In upper right search box [i.e., Find a setting], type in "microphone"
    Click on/select [Microphone privacy settings]
    Turn on [Let apps use my microphone]

Happy holidays ...

:)

pfsoto, Dec 20, 2015

2. Nokia 930 Microphone Issue

I have a Nokia Lumia 930 and quite like it. However in the last week or so the external microphone has stopped working. I have done a soft reset, hard reset and used the Nokia Lumia Software recovery tool. I can record a video and hear sounds but only from
    the forward facing microphone. Are the holes at the back microphones?

Does anyone have a possible solution for this?

Gordon_S---01, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Microphone randomly cuts volume

Have you tried using an external microphone? If using an external microphone gave you a good sound quality, there is a possibility that the built-in microphone is the one having an issue.

Since you've already run Recording sound troubleshooter and updated the sound driver and the result is still the same, this leads us to a possible hardware issue. We suggest that you also reach your computer manufacturer's support team for further diagnosis.

Regards,

Ryan Fra, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 external microphone - possible solution

1. Windows 10 external microphone - possible solution - Similar Threads - external microphone possible

2. External Harddrive not being detected by Windows 11, what is a possible solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddrive not being detected by Windows 11, what is a possible solution?: Hi I have a Lenovo Legion V and trying to connect my Silicon Power Armor A15 hard to it. and have tried to connect it to my Legion V USB ports. I lost my micro b suber speed cord so I used 2 different micro b cords which both did not work. I used all 3 USB ports on the Legion...
  3. External Harddrive not being detected by Windows 11, what is a possible solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddrive not being detected by Windows 11, what is a possible solution?: Hi I have a Lenovo Legion V and trying to connect my Silicon Power Armor A15 hard to it. and have tried to connect it to my Legion V USB ports. I lost my micro b suber speed cord so I used 2 different micro b cords which both did not work. I used all 3 USB ports on the Legion...
  4. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...: I stopped my windows for rearranging from my 2 external monitors to my primary laptop display on sleep. Searched for "Screen saver" in Start menu search Selected "Blank" in Screen saver pull down Clicked "Apply" Clicked "Change power settings" Clicked "Create a power plan"...
  5. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...: I stopped my windows for rearranging from my 2 external monitors to my primary laptop display on sleep. Searched for "Screen saver" in Start menu search Selected "Blank" in Screen saver pull down Clicked "Apply" Clicked "Change power settings" Clicked "Create a power plan"...
  6. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Possible OneDrive solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible OneDrive solution?: Hello, all! I'll cut right to the chase. Got a new SSHD, reinstalled Windows to it, been through this process a few times, yadda yadda yadda. HOWEVER during the installation process (because I have been through this process a few times now), I sped my way through the...
  8. External microphone not detected; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External microphone not detected; Windows 10: Hey! So, I recently bought a new microphone [Neewer NW-8000] along with a phantom power box [NW-100] for recording purposes. Problem is, my laptop can't even seem to detect it. I've done everything I've seen online from trying to configure (no luck, because the device wasn't...
  9. External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?

External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?: Hi, I have an external microphone connected to my laptop but I cannot hear the recording as long as the microphone is plugged it. Is it possible to have the microphone plugged in and listen to the audio over the laptop speakers? Thanks. P.S: All drivers are up to date...
  10. External Microphone with Windows 10 Not Working

External Microphone with Windows 10 Not Working: I seem to have a weird issue with my external micro phone that I can't seem to figure out. I'm using a windows 10 desktop with a nvidia sound card. It says that it's plugged in (it has a green checkmark) but the green bars don't go up like it's getting audio. I increased the...