Windows 10: Windows 10 failed computer dead

Discus and support Windows 10 failed computer dead in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows update failed. I’ve tried to go back to previous version it ask me for password then say its incorrect ive tried the pin and the password to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boogieisda1, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 failed computer dead

windows update failed. I’ve tried to go back to previous version it ask me for password then say its incorrect ive tried the pin and the password to microsoft account and still get incorrect password. This means i cant get to the command prompt to try any of the fixes, is there a way to reset the password

:)

boogieisda1, Jul 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 failed computer dead

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 failed computer dead

1. Windows 10 failed computer dead - Similar Threads - failed computer dead

2. Computer is dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is dead: I have an hp all in one desktop I love Model: 24-DP0014 And it is dead. The tech said no idea we tried the 15 sec reboot he says scrapIt but it’s only 2 years old. Has this been a problem and does it need to be just scrapped?...
  3. Computer is dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is dead: I have an hp all in one desktop I love Model: 24-DP0014 And it is dead. The tech said no idea we tried the 15 sec reboot he says scrapIt but it’s only 2 years old. Has this been a problem and does it need to be just scrapped?...
  4. Computer is dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is my computer dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my computer dead?: I have inherited a pc from a friend and it has never been able to update since receiving it. It is stuck on a windows 10 version from like 2018. I have tried everything I can think of to update it but it kept giving me errors. Recently I took it upon myself to figure out how...
  6. Issue with a dead computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with a dead computer.: Hello, I went in to fix a fan in my laptop and I think I shorted out the thing because it will not power on. I scavenged the hard drive from the machine and hooked it to my desktop to try and take my data off of it, however a normal file system does not appear. All that is...
  7. Issue with a dead computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with a dead computer.: Hello, I went in to fix a fan in my laptop and I think I shorted out the thing because it will not power on. I scavenged the hard drive from the machine and hooked it to my desktop to try and take my data off of it, however a normal file system does not appear. All that is...
  8. Computer dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer dead: I was doing some work on the computer this morning, when the power went out for a couple of hours. Tried numerous times to get it going again, but it kept freezing up on me, every time I would force a reboot, it would end up freezing. I finally ended up getting a message...
  9. Windows 10 transfer from dead computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 transfer from dead computer: I have a laptop which had Windows 10 installed (probably from an upgrade from 8 or 7) and a PC running Windows 7. The laptop's HDD has partially crashed. Is there any way I can transfer the Win 10 licence from the laptop to the PC? Can I boot the laptop into DOS or something...
  10. Factory reset failed, is computer dead?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset failed, is computer dead?: i tried to wipe my hard drive using the system wipe function in windows settings, and I let it do that while I had to go do something else. I came back to an error that it had an error during the process, and a sole button "cancel." It now tries and fails to boot up past the...