Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to install on Acer Aspire Z5801: 2 attempts so far

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to install on Acer Aspire Z5801: 2 attempts so far in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, As the title states, I am having difficulties installing Windows 10 on one of the PCs in my house. The problem: During the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SingularityRS, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 fails to install on Acer Aspire Z5801: 2 attempts so far

Hey,

As the title states, I am having difficulties installing Windows 10 on one of the PCs in my house.

The problem:

During the upgrade process, the screen will suddenly turn black. During this, nothing appears to be happening - no cursor, no HDD activity (although there was to begin with once it went black, however, it stopped). I tried to be patient and wait it out to no avail. Eventually I had to hold the power button to force shutdown the PC.

After the shutdown, it started to go on a reboot loop as it tried to recover the installation.

The screen went black at 54% overall completion (when it was trying to install drivers/features) - this wasn't a reboot or anything, it just went black after some time. It also went on a screen stating that it was "updating my system" (with the W10 theme) which hit 100%. However, after a reboot, it was attempting to recover the installation.

Sometimes, the PC would also get stuck on the "ACER" boot screen (the screen that I first see upon powering up the PC). I'm not sure what caused this issue, perhaps the amount of reboots messed up something there? No idea, but I had to hit the power button to turn it off, and then switch it on again in order for it to move past that screen.

After the continuous hangs at boot screen and billions of reboots later, the PC finally decided to revert back to Windows 7. And that was pretty much how my 2nd attempt went..

The first attempt did not cause the computer to hang on the "ACER" screen. But it did suffer from the black screen issues.

Computer is Acer all-in-one Aspire Z5801 if that helps.

Oh, and get this: I successfully managed to install Windows 10 on another PC that was much older + had inferior hardware compared to the Z5801, so really, I'm not sure why it's refusing to install on the Acer PC..

:)

SingularityRS, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows hangs during restarts

my win7 came pre-installed and win10 was windows update upgrade so no diskd Windows 10 fails to install on Acer Aspire Z5801: 2 attempts so far :( where can i get a system repair disk for an Acer Aspire z5801?

ChrisBorrett, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows hangs during restarts

To answer your question, my computer is an Acer Aspire Z5801

when you say "Media" will any old disk do? or does it have to be something spceific?

ChrisBorrett, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Kelevon Win User

Windows 10 fails to install on Acer Aspire Z5801: 2 attempts so far

I think the problem in the BIOS
    because acer z5801 not compatible windows 8 and 10

Kelevon, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Steve C Win User
    I'm trying to upgrade my Dell laptop. There are mentions of black screen installation problems for this a laptop which were solved by upgrading to the latest BIOS supporting Windows 10 and using the latest graphics drivers for the version of Windows you are upgrading from. I would contact Acer Support or ask a question on their forum to see if there is any way your BIOS will operate with Windows 10.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to install on Acer Aspire Z5801: 2 attempts so far

1. Windows 10 fails to install on Acer Aspire Z5801: 2 attempts so far - Similar Threads - fails install Acer

2. Attempting to install windows 10 on aspire 1640z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to install windows 10 on aspire 1640z: so I tried to install Windows 10 on Aspire 1640zand I got a BSOD when loading into the Windows installer and it said IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALI tried restarting but got the same errorthe os originally had windows xp...
  3. Attempting to install windows 10 on aspire 1640z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting to install windows 10 on aspire 1640z: so I tried to install Windows 10 on Aspire 1640zand I got a BSOD when loading into the Windows installer and it said IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALI tried restarting but got the same errorthe os originally had windows xp...
  4. Attempting to install windows 10 on aspire 1640z

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  6. Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?: Is it possible to download windows 10 on a 12 year old Acer Aspire one it basically works perfectly only because now there is the possibility to download apps I just wanted to know Ist es möglich Windows 10 auf einen Acer Aspire one(2008)zu installieren?
  7. Acer Aspire 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire 5: Ive recently bought an acer aspire 5 A515 52 laptop. It was advertised as having a backlit keyboard which is one of the main reason I bought this laptop over the others. I cannot figure out how to turn it on, ive looked through settings and tried fn+f9. Does anyone know how...
  8. Windown 10 Update fail - Acer Aspire S7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windown 10 Update fail - Acer Aspire S7: Hi, The auto update for Windows 10 crashed my laptop (Aspire S7) and it is now stuck on "Please insert the external storage media and press OK". It is inserted and it does not change anything. I have restarted with and without external storage, it always comes back to...
  9. Acer aspire e15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire e15: Why does my computer shut down my display when I plug in my battery charger. This has only happened since the latest Windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/acer-aspire-e15/9ebf7904-9876-4dfe-b7e9-524aa57e3f9d
  10. acer aspire 4736z windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire 4736z windows 10: Can anyone help me how to install Intel media accelerator on my Acer laptop when I'm trying to install the driver it give an error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install software.. I'm running windows 10 32 bit chipset type: mobile Intel r 4 series...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer aspire z5801 windows 10