Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause?

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I tried the latest and probably last bios version 190 for the Msi X99 Godlike, and had issues with Windows 10 loading past the spinning wheel stage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidm71, Jul 27, 2018.

1. davidm71 Win User

Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause?

So I tried the latest and probably last bios version 190 for the Msi X99 Godlike, and had issues with Windows 10 loading past the spinning wheel stage. This was with a secondary Plextor M8Pey nvme drive and a Samsung 950 Pro is running as the primary drive on the M.2 port. Unlike the last beta version which works just fine my second nvme loads its legacy option rom post message. Kind of weird I dont see that on the 195 beta. Also interesting to note that couple years ago I noticed the same issue when I tried to add that very same Plextor drive unto the same system on an empty pcie slot on an older bios release. So I dont know if its the same issue or not. I think the new bios is messing with the resources causing a conflict. Furthermore on the new bios I can load into AHCI mode only but when I turn on raid mode and fast boot up mode in bios it fails even with rebooting into safe mode and reinstalling raid drivers. The other older bios version does not have this issue. Anyone have any suggestions on how to dig further and see where the hiccup is occuring?

Thanks.

:)

davidm71, Jul 27, 2018
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause? - Similar Threads - fails load bios

2. How to diagnose repeated crashing caused by nvlddmkm.sys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to diagnose repeated crashing caused by nvlddmkm.sys?: Hi.Would appreciate some help with my PC which is repeatedly crashing to BSOD about once per day.I'm running a Lenovo Legion T5 desktop PC with Windows 11 installed. Processor is i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz. 32GB RAM. GPU is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.Let me give some context to the...
  3. How to diagnose which driver or program cause stuttering in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose which driver or program cause stuttering in Windows 10?: My Windows 10 system experiencing regular lags and stuttering, approximately once per minute. This is especially noticeable when I'm watching video. Strangely, this problem disappears when GPU-heavy game is running. I've found that uninstalling all "Intel Dynamic Tuning"...
  4. How to diagnose which driver or program cause stuttering in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to diagnose which driver or program cause stuttering in Windows 10?: My Windows 10 system experiencing regular lags and stuttering, approximately once per minute. This is especially noticeable when I'm watching video. Strangely, this problem disappears when GPU-heavy game is running. I've found that uninstalling all "Intel Dynamic Tuning"...
  5. Windows activation fails after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation fails after BIOS update: After doing an automatic critical Dell BIOS update the Windows activation fails, troubleshooting fails and Microsoft Store prompts to purchase a new license. It is an 8th gen Intel machine and Windows should still be active.Office is also failing to...
  6. How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?: From time to time my system cannot connect to the Internet. The "modem" (from ExSpectrum) indicates (by its lights) that all is well. The Internet icon status in the lower left also indicates Internet connectivity, yet there isn't any. Obviously it's restored now. I try...
  7. How to fix bios update failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix bios update failed: At startup, I can only see this page and there is no restart option src 1 Advanced diagnosis 2 Turn off the computer If I click 1, it shows another 6 options If I click 2, it will shut down my computer, I can try this operation by pressing the Shift key, but it does not work...
  8. Bios is not loading after updating Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios is not loading after updating Windows 10 version 2004: Got stuck at bios screen and unable to boot from a bootable usb after updating Windows 10 version2004. Any helps is appreciated. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-is-not-loading-after-updating-windows-10/bda496ab-fcf4-4195-9e08-aa38e55481a8
  9. Windows 10 Run Diagnose and Fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Run Diagnose and Fail: Split from this thread. It will not start. System starts diagnosing and fsils. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-run-diagnose-and-fail/9ae928f1-c875-46f7-8426-b47bf6bfbc70
  10. bios update failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bios update failed: So I stupidly tried to update the BIOS as recommended by the HP support software I was counting on hard reset if it fail However it got stuck on a black screen with blue box saying 'Flashing Boot Block - 89%' after flashing boot block finish. my laptop screen only appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing load after bios update windows 10