Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause?

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I tried the latest and probably last bios version 190 for the Msi X99 Godlike, and had issues with Windows 10 loading past the spinning wheel stage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidm71, Jul 27, 2018.

1. davidm71 Win User

Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause?

So I tried the latest and probably last bios version 190 for the Msi X99 Godlike, and had issues with Windows 10 loading past the spinning wheel stage. This was with a secondary Plextor M8Pey nvme drive and a Samsung 950 Pro is running as the primary drive on the M.2 port. Unlike the last beta version which works just fine my second nvme loads its legacy option rom post message. Kind of weird I dont see that on the 195 beta. Also interesting to note that couple years ago I noticed the same issue when I tried to add that very same Plextor drive unto the same system on an empty pcie slot on an older bios release. So I dont know if its the same issue or not. I think the new bios is messing with the resources causing a conflict. Furthermore on the new bios I can load into AHCI mode only but when I turn on raid mode and fast boot up mode in bios it fails even with rebooting into safe mode and reinstalling raid drivers. The other older bios version does not have this issue. Anyone have any suggestions on how to dig further and see where the hiccup is occuring?

Thanks.

:)

davidm71, Jul 27, 2018
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fails to load after bios update. How to diagnose cause? - Similar Threads - fails load bios

2. Windows 10 Fails to Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fails to Load: Approximately a week ago, my desktop crashed while I was playing a game. I have 2 monitors, the monitor I wasn't using turned to black, while the monitor I was using began to display this mesh of brown and white. Unable to do anything, I restarted my computer. However, the...
  3. Windows 10 will not load after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not load after update: windows 10 will not load after update. unmountable boot volume / preparing repair loop why this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-will-not-load-after-update/4721d83b-1dcf-4522-9ac0-50561abed2ca
  4. July Windows 10 Updates caused mouse to fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    July Windows 10 Updates caused mouse to fail: Hi All, I have a Dell XPS-8920 computer running Win10 x64. After installing July 2018 windows 10 updates and rebooting my mouse fails to show up. After several reboots the mouse never came back. This is a desktop computer with a wired USB mouse. The only way I got my...
  5. Windows 10 Freezing After Updating BIOS

Windows 10 Freezing After Updating BIOS: Hello Person Reading , I Have An Issue, Yesterday My Laptop DELL ( Windows 10 Professional Inspiron 3521 64Bit ) Started To Lag , I Contacted A Microsoft Agent , And He Said You Have To Update Your BIOS , And After He Said That I Went To Dell's Website And Downloaded The...
  6. How to determine what caused Anniversary Update to fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to determine what caused Anniversary Update to fail: I downloaded the Anniversary Update and ran it. It seemed to be doing ok - the % complete got up to 91%, including several restarts, and then I got the frowning face icone with the message "Something went wrong". After that my screen said it was restoring my previous version,...
  7. windows update fails to load.

windows update fails to load.: Hi all. I have a problem with windows update. it fails to load. Then my pc says updates have been installed and its fine. But after a few days the same problem returns. This all started when I synced my email. Also Microsoft sites take ages to load. Any help would be great....
  8. Update will not load and is causing problems

Update will not load and is causing problems: My Windows 10 computer has been running 10 for over a year now. Updates have always worked. This week a "large" update has tried to load every time I'm on line. This bogs down the computer and is causing problems on some web sites. I keep getting the same error " We couldn't...
  9. Windows 10, failes to load.

Windows 10, failes to load.: So I put my computer to sleep last night and I went to start it today and now it's failing on the repair. The last thing I installed was Visual Studio plug-in for Unity 3D. I'm stuck I can't even restore or repair windows or even reformat it just keeps on saying it fails...
  10. How to update the Bios?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to update the Bios?: Hi, Today i received my gigabyte Z370M D3H mobo i want to update the bios Can I update the bios to the latest one directly? Or do I have to download the next version and keep going until the last version? Thank you 105595