Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to upgrade.

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have followed instructions & downloaded upgrade only to find every time it gets to 32% it fails & will not go any further, have done this four times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tas Devil, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Tas Devil Win User

Windows 10 fails to upgrade.

Have followed instructions & downloaded upgrade only to find every time it gets to 32% it fails & will not go any further, have done this four times outcome always the same can someone help I have 74gb of hard drive free so there should be enough to accommodate the upgrade.

:)

Tas Devil, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 7 to Windows 10... Windows 10 fails to upgrade. :(

Ok, so here's what my Windows Update History reads :

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 06/08/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 06/08/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 04/08/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 03/08/2015

I'm off to find Lord Lucan and Shergar as that would be an easier task.

Lee McDougall, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Windows 10 fails to upgrade.

your hard drive is fine !! its happens some peoples !!

remostalin, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    How are you doing the upgrade? Using MediaCreationTool or via the Get Windows 10 icon or Windows Update?

Disconnect everything except you mouse, keyboard and display.

I suggest use MCT to create a ISO then simply mount the ISO by right clicking on it and selecting Mount,then run setup.exe from the mounted ISO. You could also have MCT create a flash drive for you then run setup.exe from it under 8.1.

Disable your anti-virus and any theme enhancements including Classic Shell, Start8 and any other Stardock software.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Tas Devil Win User
    Thank you will try all you have suggested am getting very frustrated.

Tas Devil, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Tas Devil Win User
    Have tried everything you have suggested the last time it came up with system failed at first boot phase with an error during system prep I presume this is probably when everything I closed fired up again, if this is the way Microsoft want to invite you to windows 10 Ubantu is looking very inviting, I have wasted two days on this upgrade it is a complete joke.

Tas Devil, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Tas Devil Win User

Well I don't know what to say have followed all suggestions used MCT both with disk & mounting it to virtual disk, turned off external Hard drive shut down virus checker & windows defender deleted shell, but I am not dismantling computer to disconect DVD as somone has suggested, by the way have also used the windows upgrade tool nothing works 0xc1900101-0x30081 keeps coming up at 32% of upgrade does the files & 6% of drivers then stops.
    All the forums say the same thing no one seems to be having any joy can anybody explain why when it downloads the upgrade it has to keep downloading time & time again.

Tas Devil, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Tas Devil Win User
    Well God bless Microsoft I now have Windows 10 was in the process of downloading & burning new ISO in English us as the uk one did not work accidently clicked on windows app while setting up game on wife's old xp m/c like I am an old fart in my 70's & thought bugger it I am busy guess what it went all the way through & set up, this was without stopping anything virus checkers & everything was running Microsoft has done something to rectify the problem note all your programs are now listed as apps you will find them when you left click on the windows start icon left hand side bottom.
    Give it another try hope you succeed.

Tas Devil, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Techman Win User
    Hi all, I am having a similar problem, Currently running windows 7 SP1, Windows fails at 32% while installing drivers. Have tried the install tools and also ISO installation, neither are working, stuck in the same place every time. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Techman, Aug 12, 2015
  11. Tas Devil Win User
    What are you running a laptop or desktop I only had trouble with my desktop the laptop loads no problems at all then when I could not get the wifes radio station to run the same as win 7 I had to roll it back can't live with them if they are not happy.
    The windows app at the bottom right hand corner of the task bar is where I finally downloaded it from give it a try.

Tas Devil, Aug 12, 2015
  12. Techman Win User
    Hey Taz,

I am on a Toshiba Laptop, 2GB Ram 124 GB of hard drive space left. I have tried removing my MacAfee and Malware bytes
    no change.

Thanks

Ken

Techman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fails to upgrade. - Similar Threads - fails upgrade

2. IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails: WE ahve 35 systems that will not complete an in-place upgrade to windows 11. We ahv e tried the assistance, a USB drive, and an ISO but all systems will have an errow when it reboots to windows 11 for the first time. I am confident the issue is with a driver however, I am...
  3. IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails: WE ahve 35 systems that will not complete an in-place upgrade to windows 11. We ahv e tried the assistance, a USB drive, and an ISO but all systems will have an errow when it reboots to windows 11 for the first time. I am confident the issue is with a driver however, I am...
  4. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  5. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  6. windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed: Hi,We have upgraded all our clients to win 11 using Intune feature update policy.We have few clients that are failing to upgrade to windows 11. After troubleshooting, we have removed the drivers that are blocking OS upgrade. Now the problem is windows 11 upgrade is not...
  7. windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed

windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed: Hi,We have upgraded all our clients to win 11 using Intune feature update policy.We have few clients that are failing to upgrade to windows 11. After troubleshooting, we have removed the drivers that are blocking OS upgrade. Now the problem is windows 11 upgrade is not...
  8. windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  10. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 installation failed using mediacreationtool file