Windows 10: Windows 10 fails

Discus and support Windows 10 fails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, After 5 days of tooting my horn about how flawlessly Windows 10 was, and how beautiful the game playing experience was, I had my 1st issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jackyl0764, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Windows 10 fails

Hi guys,
    After 5 days of tooting my horn about how flawlessly Windows 10 was, and how beautiful the game playing experience was, I had my 1st issue. My audio started crackling, and then failed all together. I uninstalled and reinstalled my Creative drivers, my control panel for my X-fi wasn't recognized, and, although my headphones worked, my speakers didn't.
    I shut it down, turned off the PS, and let it sit over night. I went and swore and swore, and swore some more at my wife.
    I was going to come and revert back to Windows 7, but when I turned on my PC, I had audio. I gamed, and it works. So, If you have issues with your PC, turn it off, and let it set, call my wife and swear it her, I swear it works....... hahaha, no, but, seriously, try turning it off, if it only goes to standby, unplug it, and let it set for a few minutes, and see if that helps. It worked for me. Driver updates will come...... for most. Until then, there maybe a lot of cold re-boots instore for us.

:)

Jackyl0764, Aug 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 fails

1. Windows 10 fails - Similar Threads - fails

2. Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kksjqh3nm3ji2127bzn9b/042424-13437-01.zip?rlkey=2k5wx21d65es5o05c6epfjvbp&st=n9s2cfq3&dl=0dropbox to my minidump filesplease help fix...
  3. Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kksjqh3nm3ji2127bzn9b/042424-13437-01.zip?rlkey=2k5wx21d65es5o05c6epfjvbp&st=n9s2cfq3&dl=0dropbox to my minidump filesplease help fix...
  4. Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: vgk.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  6. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  7. what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?: I am getting an error when trying to make a master image, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' how do I resolve this...
  8. what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?: I am getting an error when trying to make a master image, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' how do I resolve this...
  9. what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?

10. "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in": Hi, The question sums it up. Randomly failed to open my account.Why? I restarted and everything worked troubleshooting solution ... But why did this happen? and so suddenly?Saved preferences, website cookies, passwords, etc.. were lost. Frustrating but if someone has ways to...