Windows 10: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Pro/Business, version 1709 coming soon

Discus and support Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Pro/Business, version 1709 coming soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As we previously announced, Windows 10, version 1709 (also known as the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update) will be available worldwide on October 17th,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Pro/Business, version 1709 coming soon

Source: Windows 10, version 1709 coming soon Windows for IT Pros

:)

Brink, Oct 15, 2017

2. How to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 Manually.

Standard • Windows ISO

Burn ISO on DVD and install (Maybe to USB also)

Check your version if 32bit or 64bit and make sure you choose Home for Home or Pro for Pro version you may have.

seahawks65, Oct 15, 2017
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    windows 10 won't update

Katrine,

Hip hip hooray! You have the latest greatest version of Windows 10 1703 Creators Update.

Enjoy!

Be aware that the Fall Creators Update is
    coming soon probably this September. It will be designated 1709....the ninth month of 2017. Your system may not get this update to 1709 until everyone else has been updated. This is just a heads up on what is coming in the near future.

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Doesn't mention Home so I would guess that means Home & Pro will still be packaged together as before?

Ztruker, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    The install.esd made by the early leak of the MCT for 16299.15 includes (for English International media) Home, Pro, S and Education and their 'N' versions, plus Home (single language). Note that the index numbers are quite different, Home is 3 and Pro is 8 now. Whether the official release of the MCT will make the same install.esd remains to be seen. My DISM /Get-WimInfo results are attached.

6. Nothing (new) up on my Visual Studio Subscription (formally MSDN)? It shows Windows 10 "New" on the downloads page but its just the July 1703 update. Unless they named it something stupid and made it hard to find?

alphanumeric, Oct 16, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    @Brink Shawn, would you consider a mod to the thread title? I think it's much more geared toward IT Pro/Business, as the source implies. May be a bit confusing shortly to the masses. Thanks, TC.

Done! Thanks, Shawn.

f14tomcat, Oct 16, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

And this means what?

cereberus, Oct 16, 2017
  9. Available via the Volume Licensing Service Center would be my guess?

alphanumeric, Oct 16, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    It's already 17th here, does that mean it should be available today ? ISO too ?

CountMike, Oct 16, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
  12. CountMike New Member
    I already have 16299.15, shouldn't final be 1709.xx ? That's ISO I'm awaiting as I want to drop out of Insider ring on second computer.

CountMike, Oct 16, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

You can drop out now that FCU has been released then do an update to get 16299.19.

Ztruker, Oct 17, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    The install.esd made by the early leak of the MCT for 16299.15 includes (for English International media) Home, Pro, S and Education and their 'N' versions, plus Home (single language). Note that the index numbers are quite different, Home is 3 and Pro is 8 now. Whether the official release of the MCT will make the same install.esd remains to be seen.... I've seen - it does. We're all going to have to memorise a whole new set of index numbers to use. To see for yourself, run:

DISM /Get-WimInfo /Wimfile:<full path to install.esd>

15. CountMike New Member
    Since I don't have official, original 16299.15 but only the one I made ISO thru Insider, I downloaded it using MCT and it downloaded "windows.iso", how to find out which exact version it is easiest way ?

CountMike, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Pro/Business, version 1709 coming soon - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 End of Support on April 9

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 End of Support on April 9: Windows 10 version 1709 for Home, Pro, and Pro for Workstation editions has reached end of service on April 9, 2019. Windows 10 version 1709 for Enterprise and Education editions will reach end of service on April 14, 2010. By Windows 10 version, below are the availability...
  3. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  4. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  5. Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working: Only Games Tab is working, also my Desktop and Laptop are not working after the update. If I create a new user it works fine..... It happens on both laptop and desktop so it must be a settings or something with upgrade. I don't know.. It tried all DISM command, SFC...
  6. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  7. Fall Creators Update v. 1709 Keeps Restoring to Previous Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update v. 1709 Keeps Restoring to Previous Version: Hi, I've never had a problem updating my Win 10 Pro up til now. But for some reason, I am unable to go from current version 1703 to latest version 1709. I'm using the Windows 10 Update Assistant - which downloads the files and runs the installation. The computer then signs...
  8. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  9. Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709: it appears that Microsoft has referenced the version number for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in related documentation. A blog post (first spotted by WZor) related to the the Policy device description framework (DDF) file in Windows mentions "Windows 10, version...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available: I’m happy to announce the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide! Full availability is the final phase of our rollout process. When a new feature update is released, we begin by targeting a select set of...