Windows 10: Windows 10 Fall Update Fails via Windows Update & Media Creation tool

Discus and support Windows 10 Fall Update Fails via Windows Update & Media Creation tool in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When the Windows 10 Fall update (threshold 2) was released several days ago I tried updating via Windows update; it failed to install the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ktm583, Nov 20, 2015.

1. ktm583 Win User

Windows 10 Fall Update Fails via Windows Update & Media Creation tool

When the Windows 10 Fall update (threshold 2) was released several days ago I tried updating via Windows update; it failed to install the update several times. Yesterday it started saying that my computer was up to date and I know threshold 2 has not been installed. Today I decided to try the media creation tool to do an inplace upgrade. It failed as well with error: 0x8007002C - 0x4000D The installation failed in the Second_Boot phase with an error during the Migrate_data operation.

I got this same error in august when trying to do an in place upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1 for activation purposes. I got around it then by selecting to 'keep nothing' instead of 'keep data and apps', it did not matter then because I was already planning to do a full clean install afterwards and just needed to activate my PC, however, now I want to keep everything.

I have attached the error message I get from the Media Creation tool upgrade attempt.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ktm583, Nov 20, 2015
  2. Time Lady Win User

do i get creater update from iso media tool

The .iso & the media creation tool will give you the most recent version of Windows 10 which is the Fall creators update.

Time Lady, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Windows 10 setup/installation problems on HP laptop running Windows 8.1

Did you fully update the Windows 8.1 with all updates 'til none was left before trying to update to Windows 10?

Pare you running the update from the Windows get Win 10 or via the media creation tool? If creation tool have you downloaded the correct version - 32 bit or 64 bit?

If via Windows update try downloading the media creation tool & selecting update this computer.

Time Lady, Nov 20, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

As of yesterday Microsoft has pulled build 10586 so there is no update to build 10586 for you to get now.

NavyLCDR, Nov 20, 2015
  5. ktm583 Win User
    I heard that, but should still update via the Media Creation tool. Right? That is what is really concerning me.

ktm583, Nov 20, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Nov 21, 2015
  7. ktm583 Win User
    ktm583, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Fall Update Fails via Windows Update & Media Creation tool - Similar Threads - Fall Update Fails

2. Windows media creation tool failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media creation tool failing: My windows installation got corrupted, my pc can't boot past motherboard manufacture screen and then restarts. I'm trying to get a recovery media onto a USB stick but when I run the media creation tool I get the error code '0x8007007B - 0xA0018' any help would be amazing,...
  3. Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%: My original update via the Windows Update was so close to finish the update awaiting a restart but I got a 0xc1900223 error with no cause. So next I tried the Media creation tool, it almost made it through, went into a blue windows update screen, but the update got stuck at...
  4. Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%: My original update via the Windows Update was so close to finish the update awaiting a restart but I got a 0xc1900223 error with no cause. So next I tried the Media creation tool, it almost made it through, went into a blue windows update screen, but the update got stuck at...
  5. Windows 10 update via media creation tool stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Media Creation Tool fails to complete update

Media Creation Tool fails to complete update: I'm trying to run the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to fix a problem I have with a very long boot time. I have seen many topics regarding "there was a problem running this tool " but in my case I never get this. Instead, the tools looks like it is working properly, but right...
  7. Updating Windows 10 from the Media Creation Tool Fails

Updating Windows 10 from the Media Creation Tool Fails: I am Atul Sharma and use a Windows 10 Pro PC with Windows 10 Pro Ver - 1909 OS Build 18363.1139 I tried to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2 build earlier from the settings but was unable to do it as it failed with an error 0xc1900101 so i tried with the media creation...
  8. Getting Windows updates fails with media creation tool.

Getting Windows updates fails with media creation tool.: About upgrading to windows 10 operating system with microsoft media creation tool. When the getting updates, process gets to 46% done then it freezes up. The juggle balls still rotate. The system is a Samsung laptop about 5 years old, successfully upgraded from windows 8 to...
  9. Windows Update Not Working & Media Creation Tool Fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Not Working & Media Creation Tool Fails: 2 problems... started when Windows 10 update stopped installing updates. Contacted Microsoft who took over and tried to fix the problem. They tried doing in-process update using the Media Media Creation Tool and that fails also. The latter stops after starting and shows...
  10. Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool

Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool: I have a copy of 10 reserved, but what if I lose my patience and download an ISO from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 I don't have a 10 product key yet, so how would that work? 9582