Windows 10: Windows 10 Fall Update Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Fall Update Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to update my windows 10 to Falls creating update but am facing some problems. I am using Windows 10 Home single language, Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jakkaas, Oct 23, 2017.

1. jakkaas Win User

Windows 10 Fall Update Problem

Hello
    I am trying to update my windows 10 to Falls creating update but am facing some problems.
    I am using Windows 10 Home single language, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.674
    Using automatic updates, the system is downloading the updates and installing.
    First installation takes about 15 min to install and then when it reaches 100 %, second round of installation starts which is quite long. 2nd round of Installation takes around 1 hour to reach around 20 % and the following error comes
    “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - Error 0xc1900204” (picture attached)

Windows 10 Fall Update Problem [​IMG]

I tried troubleshooting windows update and even resetting windows update but with no luck.
    After searching net I found that error might be with my program installation folder which I did not changed. But using regedit when I checked the software installation folder in “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion” I found that ProgramFilesDir and CommonFileDir were both set to C:\Program Files (x86) instead of C:\Program Files. After browsing to net I change both directory to C:\Program Files (Picture attached)

After rebooting and again resetting update, when I again downloaded the update, same error is coming
    Using Windows update assistance, media creation tools or downloading and installing ISO when I try to install the update, it does not allow me to keep personal files and apps as it is greyed out and only option I get is “Nothing” with notification “Your files, apps and setting can’t be kept because you are installing an windows that’s different than one you are currently using (Picture attached).

After searching net, I thought that problem might be language setting as i had my prelimary language as en-In and i used to change region fron India to US to download some apps (which i used again rechanged later). So I reset to same language (en-US) for all setting and user using control panel and CMD.

But same problem persist:- Either error 0xc1900204 (Using Setting) or keep personal files and apps as it is greyed out (using Creation tool). The problem is I don’t want to reset my windows as I have lots of app and my customized setting.

I tried registry fix, SFC/ Scannow, disk check and other few option but it is still showing same error.

I tried using Windows defender refresh now but it failed and windows went to system repair. I again installed my current windows using my full backup.

I don’t want to do windows reset but want my laptop updated.
    Please help

:)

jakkaas, Oct 23, 2017

2. windows 10 update problem

I just buy new dell laptop core intel i3 -7100u processer. All software installed but stopped in updating windows 10 when it started. How can I solve this problem ?

Regards

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

window 10 update problem, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer context menu no text

It is a "new feature", actually a "known issue", MS Speak for BUG in the Fall Creators Update.

2017 11 02- FCU KNOWN ISSUES- WINDOWS 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE'S MOST COMMON USER PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-fall-...

Please confirm that you have the fall creators update. Run Winver and confirm your build and version number.

Rohn007, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Fall Update Problem

If you have any anti-spying tool like O&O ShutUp10 for example or any other, make sure you reset its settings back to default and reboot before you initiate the upgrade

Snappy Phoenix, Oct 24, 2017
  5. jakkaas Win User
    No i dont have such tools. I have mcafee and windows defender as antivirus tools which i used to disable it before downloading and installing

jakkaas, Oct 24, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    It sounds like you've done too much messing around in the registry and tweaking that you are probably going to have to do a clean install if you want the update.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Fall Update Problem

1. Windows 10 Fall Update Problem - Similar Threads - Fall Update Problem

2. Win 10 2004 Fall update problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004 Fall update problems: Hello. A week or so ago I tried to install this update but I got this error : 0x8024000b I tried again, but this time with this error : 0xc1900101 When I wanted to try again, the update was gone! Is there a way to get it back? Is it even safe to try? Tonight I thought I'd...
  3. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  4. Windows 10 Fall update problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fall update problem: Hello, Windows installed updates on Aug 26th and after the update process when my computer restarted I got the log-in screen and was able to log on, but got just a black screen after than. I tried to run the system repair but it couldn't identify the problem. I also tried...
  5. Fall Creator update problems/solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fall Creator update problems/solved: I have been seeing a few posts about the Fall Creator update and the various problems or no problems. Mine was that I had updated to W10Pro so I could use whatever drivers I wanted to. But with the first Creator update I couldn't install any NVidia drivers older than the 370...
  6. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  7. Windows 10 Fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Fall Update: Is the Windows 10 Fall Update supposed to be released tomorrow as in Thursday, November 12th, 2015? 29520
  8. Network problem after windows 10 fall creator update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem after windows 10 fall creator update: My pc is going through a weird problem after the update. I have a personal hotspot device that I connect to to PC via USB tethering. It used to work fine but after this update it connects and opens websites like GOOGLE, FACEBOOK but fails to load other website. However all...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators update issues and problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fall Creators update issues and problems.: Hi all, I have big problems with the new MS update which prevents me from installing updates or drivers. It seems that MS has a mind of its own because whenever i install newer drivers it keeps saying that older drivers are installed in device manager.. This is what...
  10. windows 10 fall update duplicate screen problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 fall update duplicate screen problem: after i updated to the fall update, once i connect the hdmi cable to my benq projector, i click on duplicate screen on my laptop but the projector will give me a message "out of range". if i chose the second screen only option or the extended screen option it works fine and...