Windows 10: Windows 10 Fast Start will not work

Discus and support Windows 10 Fast Start will not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 fast start has been working perfectly from the time Win 10 came out, but it has suddenly stopped. No matter what I have tried as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechiGeoff, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Fast Start will not work

Hello
    Windows 10 fast start has been working perfectly from the time Win 10 came out, but it has suddenly stopped. No matter what I have tried as solutions from the internet ( re-doing the settings, running the .bat file off/on etc.) it will not work even though when I check the settings everything is as it should be.
    Can anybody make any new suggestions please
    Geoff

:)

TechiGeoff, Jun 5, 2016

2. Not work Fast Boot the computer will automatically turn off after 2 seconds

Hi Kazdimentor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of the device?
    • Are you using Windows Defender or a third party antivirus software?
    • Is you system running with compatible drivers?
    If your PC is running with Some third party Antivirus software then there might be changes that will cause Windows 10 to take a long time to Startup. Try disabling it for a moment and check if helps. Also ensure the your system is running with all compatible
    Windows 10 drivers. Check and confirm the same from Manufacturer website.

Note : Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have
    to temporarily disable it for any purpose, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Keep your system up to date with all Windows Updates. Check and install all the available Windows Updates, if any pending out there.

If problem still persist,

Perform clean boot A clean boot is a troubleshooting technique that allows you to get the computer up and running so that you can perform diagnostic tests to determine which elements of the normal boot process are causing problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

warning: after troubleshooting make sure to set computer to start as usual as mentioned in step 3 mentioned in the above kb article

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Not work Fast Boot the computer will automatically turn off after 2 seconds

If I turn on this option, after pressing the power button, the computer will automatically turn off after 2 seconds. In Windows 8.1 everything worked properly.

Original post: Not work Fast Boot

kazdimenator, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Windows 10 Fast Start will not work

I don't know why it's not working but I do have a suggestion. Turn it off and leave it off. I have had nothing but problems on all my computers trying to use Fast Start. Turning it off is one of the first things I do on all my computers. I also check to make sure it's still off after all updates or upgrades.

Winuser, Jun 6, 2016
  5. Thank you, I am coming round to thinking that way myself after trying all the suggestions.
    Thank you for your time.
    Geoff

TechiGeoff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Fast Start will not work

1. Windows 10 Fast Start will not work - Similar Threads - Fast Start

2. Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayvacs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13b80wp/whenever_i_transfer_files_between_volumes_the/
  3. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  4. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  5. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  7. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  8. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

9. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...
  10. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...