Windows 10: Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...

Discus and support Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If this is the wrong category... I am sorry but the options did not offer me a truly correct path to post this. This is the second time this year this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeLiebeman, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...

If this is the wrong category... I am sorry but the options did not offer me a truly correct path to post this.

This is the second time this year this has happened. Last time I removed the drivers and reinstalled them, but that leaves problems with "copies" on printers and etc...

The unit is a WiFi based Printer/Scanner. I can print to it. The ping rate to the printer is nominal. Device manager reports the "Imaging Device" is working properly.

I tested the drivers, they are up to date.

But as soon as (I do mean immediately) I click on "New Scan," I get a Dialog box that simply says "Could Not Complete Scan"

Why and how do I remedy this?

:)

MikeLiebeman, Jul 26, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Scanner Technologies Sues NVIDIA

September 18, 2006--Scanner Technologies today announced it has filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas against nVidia Corporation claiming willful and deliberate infringement of U.S. Patents numbered 7,079,678 and 7,085,411 which disclose methods of three-dimensional inspection that allow ball grid array (“BGA”) devices to be manufactured more precisely and efficiently.

U.S. Patent 7,079,678, which is assigned to Scanner Technologies, is entitled “Electronic Component Products Made According to a Process that Includes a Method for Three Dimensional Inspection” and discloses a patented process which is directed to a step in the manufacture of a BGA device.

U.S. Patent 7,085,411, also assigned to Scanner Technologies, is entitled “Method of Manufacturing Electronic Components Including a Method for Three Dimensional Inspection,” discloses a method of manufacturing a BGA device.

The complaint alleges that nVidia has sold and/or is presently selling throughout the United States infringing BGA devices that are covered by one or more claims of the Scanner Patents. The complaint also alleges that nVidia has induced others to infringe. These BGA devices are a component in graphics cards, motherboards, computers, video game consoles, cell phones and handheld devices that are sold in the United States.

In addition to requesting preliminary and permanent injunctions, the complaint asks the court to award Scanner all damages it is entitled to recover, including reasonable royalties on infringing products, treble damages and attorneys’ fees.

Elwin Beaty, President and CEO of Scanner Technologies stated “Scanner has been developing, manufacturing and selling vision equipment for the semiconductor industry since 1990. We believe that it is critical to protect our patented innovations, and accordingly took these actions today.”

Source: Scanner Technologies

malware, Jul 26, 2018
  3. ARichard Win User
    Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device... [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...

1. Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device... - Similar Threads - Fax Scanner can't

2. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387
  3. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387
  4. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Device Manager shows WiFi adapter and Scanner in Other Devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager shows WiFi adapter and Scanner in Other Devices: A few weeks ago, after an update, our Fujitsu Scanner, the scanning function of our Epson printer, and our Realtek WiFi adapter all stopped working. They now appear in device manager under Other devices, with the yellow ! sign. All have been uninstalled and reinstalled...
  6. printer scanner fax

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer scanner fax: I'm new here, bare with me, if possible. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. It's obviously not bran new, but I believe in good shape. I've hooked it up, and am getting blank pages coming out of it, when attempting to print. All help is appreciated....
  7. windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows fax and scan does not find my scanner: windows fax and scan does not find my scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-does-not-find-my-scanner/960db1a2-1594-4398-aa2e-0f93206bdefb
  8. devices and scanners

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    devices and scanners: how do I get the windows 10 to recognise my Kyocera printer/scanner machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/devices-and-scanners/7de62fab-a6ba-4930-bec5-faffec994b77
  9. I can't find my scanner in Windows 10

I can't find my scanner in Windows 10: Cant find my HP DeskJet 2132 scanner in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-cant-find-my-scanner-in-windows-10/eeacdb93-1f80-4ea3-989f-307fe17110af
  10. Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...

Windows 10 Fax and Scanner can't find my scanner today, But Device manager says the device...: If this is the wrong category... I am sorry but the options did not offer me a truly correct path to post this. This is the second time this year this has happened. Last time I removed the drivers and reinstalled them, but that leaves problems with "copies" on printers and...