Windows 10: Windows 10 FAX & SCAN: unable to save threaded scan group of docs

Discus and support Windows 10 FAX & SCAN: unable to save threaded scan group of docs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I scanned 6 or so pages from my feeder. They're sitting in my Windows fax window, just fine. Problem is, when I save them to my selected folder the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NaomiJohnson, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 FAX & SCAN: unable to save threaded scan group of docs

I scanned 6 or so pages from my feeder. They're sitting in my Windows fax window, just fine. Problem is, when I save them to my selected folder the SAve As is only picking up the first page of the scan. Not the whole set.

Solution?
    Aggravating!

with thanks,

Nj

:)

NaomiJohnson, Jul 18, 2018

2. Unable to scan photos and save to .jpeg format as Windows Fax and Scan has disappeared on Windows 10

Hi Janine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about saving the photos to .jpeg format and scanning them on your device. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your compute and model of the printer you are using?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to save the scanned copies to .jpeg format.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Windows Fax and Scan
      and select it.
    • Click on Scan from the left and click on
      New scan
      at the left top corner of the Toolbar.
    • When the "New Scan" dialog box opens, click the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "Photo."
    • Review the scanner settings. Make sure the printer/scanner is selected.
    • Click "Preview" to see what the scan would look like. Edit the scan settings if needed. For example, you can change the
      output file type (.jpeg) or move the slides to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    • Click "Scan." After the scanning is complete, click "Save As" on the toolbar and save the file under a new name.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable Windows Fax and scan features, restart the computer, enable the feature and check helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Expand Print and Document services, uncheck the option
      Windows Fax and Scanon.
    • Restart the computer and enable the feature.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Cant save scanned docs as pdf's

New to Windows 10 and trying to save scanned docs as pdf's and this otion does not appear only jpeg, tif, bitmaps can anyone help me?

SharonBolge, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 FAX & SCAN: unable to save threaded scan group of docs

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 FAX & SCAN: unable to save threaded scan group of docs

1. Windows 10 FAX & SCAN: unable to save threaded scan group of docs - Similar Threads - FAX SCAN unable

2. Windows 10 fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 fax & scan: will windows 10 fax and scan receive faxes if you are logged off computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/f9329eea-5e0a-4080-a2e5-d79b8221c652
  3. Unable to reduce size of 'Save As' pane in Windows Fax & Scan

Unable to reduce size of 'Save As' pane in Windows Fax & Scan: This is a relatively small issue but driving me mad. Yesterday I was as usual scanning documents and saving them. Usually the scan finishes, I press 'Save As' and a small pane pops up where I choose where to save my scan. I can move the pane around around. So yesterday the...
  4. fax & scan

fax & scan: I had windows fax & scan in windows 7. I put in windows 10 and now I can't find win fax & scan to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-scan/7732b52b-ca6d-4105-ab97-d7bcdac25ffc
  5. scan doc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scan doc: Iam trying to figure out how to scan a doc from my printer to my lap top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-doc/a76bd8ca-afa8-4faa-8c20-466a9077237e"
  6. Scanned docs

Scanned docs: After the latest Windows update, my HP laptop will not save docs scanned from my wireless printer. Getting error message 'read only device'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner/printer software several times, turned off/on the device, turned off/on the router and...
  7. fax & scan

fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  8. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS: I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan-will-not-scan-documents/b843f4e1-2cd5-46e8-943f-42bcd534e94b
  9. Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?: I want Windows Fax & Scan to save scans to a folder of my choosing. Can this be done since I don't see an option from the program menu? 80194
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...