Windows 10: Windows 10 FCU, stuck on .19 release

Discus and support Windows 10 FCU, stuck on .19 release in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, otherwise mods please feel free to move this, thanks. Anyway, I'll get straight to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MartinMDL, Dec 4, 2017.

1. MartinMDL Win User

Windows 10 FCU, stuck on .19 release

Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, otherwise mods please feel free to move this, thanks.
    Anyway, I'll get straight to the point, hoping some kind one can help me. I'm running W10 Enterprise, 16299.19. Problem is...i don't get cumulative updates anymore and am stuck on this version.
    I was running W10 1703 and updated to 1709 through Windows Update. The update went fine, but now whenever it automatically checks for new updates or when I manually force a new updates search the only things it downloads are Defender Definition Updates and Office updates, no new cumulative updates...even though MS released at least two newer ones, specifically 16299.64 and the newest 16299.98.
    What do you guys think could be the cause for this odd WU behavior? Is there a way to solve it?
    Thank you.

:)

MartinMDL, Dec 4, 2017

2. Cant uninstall KB4054022

If it is under 10 days since FCU was released, go to Settings>Update and security>Recovery to get started.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Stuck on Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607 / build 14393)

Here is your site...

Support für Inspiron 15 5567 | Support-Themen und -Artikel | Dell Deutschland

Support for Inspiron 15 5567

Dell computers tested for Windows 10 April 2018 Update and previous versions of Windows 10 | Dell Deutschland

Dell computers tested for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and previous versions of Windows 10

That one was tested for the Fall Creators Update. It should be fine. It can be rolled back, if necessary & if it was an update. If you fresh install it - won't hurt to make a Windows system image backup first. Maybe do that anyway.

PCR Just PCR, Dec 4, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I had a similar problem, not in Enterprise but in Pro. I was stuck on 16299.15. I solved it by going into....
    View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

NB: if you have it in Enterprise, do not tick the box for 'enabling this policy will automatically download updates, even over metered connections'. There appears to be a bug (at least, in Pro) that puts a 'some settings are manage by your organization' message in update settings that's very difficult to remove.

Bree, Dec 4, 2017
  5. MartinMDL Win User
    Thank you for your answer Bree. When you say "WU's advanced settings" do you mean these ones?
    So if I understood you correctly I should tick/enable those options (except the metered connections one) and then untick/disable them again to "fix" this issue?

MartinMDL, Dec 4, 2017
  6. dmholt57 Win User
    Something out of whack with your date for pausing showing September...

dmholt57, Dec 4, 2017
  7. MartinMDL Win User
    oh that ain't my screenshot dmholt57 *Biggrin just the first img i found on the web to ask Bree if that was what he was talking about.
    Anyhoo i tried defering updates, resuming, unchecking updates for other MS products, then rechecking them...nothing worked, your pc is up-to-date...except i'm running .19 version *Sad
    Do you think by downloading the .68 update CAB from MS Catalog and then manually installing it could set the updates policy back on its track?

MartinMDL, Dec 4, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

That screenshot is missing a number of settings that I have in 1709 Pro, choice of branch, days to defer features update and days to defer quality updates all appear above 'pause updates' on my advanced options page. This 1703 screenshot is not mine either, but it shows all the options I see.

Windows 10 FCU, stuck on .19 release [​IMG]

Yes - I changed all available options (except the 'metered data connection' policy tick-box (new for 1709) shown in your screen shot) then put them back as they were. I also paused, then resumed updates. Windows update then found the cumulative update it had not seen before (and later, the .64 and .98 ones).

I can only assume that the upgrade from 1703 to 1709 has introduced an error one or more of these registry settings. By changing the settings a few times I had reset them back to a working state. I wish I could give a better explanation but I have been unable to reproduce the fault, even by restoring a system image of the 1703 that it had previously and repeating the upgrade.

BTW: the screenshot you chose illustrates the 'managed by your organization...' and 'view configured update policies' messages that appear (in Pro, but not in Home) once you have ticket that 'metered' policy box - they do not go away if you untick it.

Bree, Dec 4, 2017
  9. dmholt57 Win User
    Well, you've tried everything else... set your computer date back a month and try to update again. Seems Microsoft has a glitch in the build expiration...

dmholt57, Dec 4, 2017
  10. MartinMDL Win User
    Hmm that's weird coz i don't have any of those options. Mine looks exactly like the screenshot i posted earlier. Could it be stuff reserved for windows insider users or something? You know it's kinda funny...one would think that running the enterprise version would give you access to more features and tweaks, but apparently it ain't so. Anyway i'm gonna try setting the computer's date back a month and see where that gets me. If that doesn't work i'll try following this "Reset Windows Update in Windows 10" tutorial to reset windows update completely, hoping that'll do the trick. I'll keep you guys posted. Meanwhile let me thank you guys again for the help *Smile

MartinMDL, Dec 4, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    My screen shot is how the RTM versions of Pro look. As I understand it (not being an Insider myself) options to defer updates are (understandably) not available to Insiders, nor are options to reduce telemetry.

12. MartinMDL Win User
    then where do they come from? And why do some have 'em while others don't? Are they version-dependent?

MartinMDL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 FCU, stuck on .19 release - Similar Threads - FCU stuck release

2. Resetting this pc stuck at 19%!!! Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting this pc stuck at 19%!!! Help: My factory reset stuck at 19% for an hour now... What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-19-help/7759a478-2b39-4187-92be-266e46c60432
  3. New Windows Terminal v1.7.1901.0 released for Windows 10 - April 19

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Terminal v1.7.1901.0 released for Windows 10 - April 19: This version of Windows Terminal exists only to address compatibility issues with the Scoop package manager. The only change in this release addresses a crash that was introduced in the 1.7 stable and 1.8 preview releases, encountered when Terminal was run outside of its...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on release 1909

Windows 10 stuck on release 1909: My Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Gen laptop seems to be stuck on release 1909 of Windows 10, which has twice been superseded by versions 2004 and 20H2. The Windows Update tool says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device you'll see the update...
  5. Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 14.2.1 - November 19

in Windows 10 News
    Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 14.2.1 - November 19: Apple today released iOS 14.2.1, a bug fix update that comes two weeks after the launch of iOS 14.2 and is available for Apple's new iPhone 12 models. According to Apple's release notes, iOS 14.2.1 addresses several serious bugs that were found in the new *iPhone 12*...
  6. Updates stuck at 19 %

Updates stuck at 19 %: windows updates are stuck at 19 % https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-stuck-at-19/230a9a3c-e66e-40b9-9fb6-a8a1ed57ed3f
  7. Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra 19 Released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra 19 Released: Hey all, Hope I have posted here in correct spot :) Cyberlink PowerDVD ULTRA 19 has been released and is 64 bit (yeah!), I think this is their first 64 bit version?.. All the others I have had were 32 installed. PowerDVD 19 - Video Player Software | CyberLink Appears to...
  8. Error Code 19 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 19 (Windows 10): My PC is getting error code 19 (Registry Value Damaged) for my built-in DVD drive. I did update my computer, so that could be the issue. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but it just kept popping up. Anything?...
  9. NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update: The troubleshooter suggest I download the Microsoft HD Audio driver, but I have not been successful. Currently I have realtek speakers, so I attempted to look for updated drivers again unsuccessful. 99052
  10. Win 10 FCU shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 FCU shutdown issue: Does win 10 FCU shutdown in a different manner as compared to previous ones? Because both of my PCs, one with a HDD and another with SSD is shutting down slowly after the updates. Please share your opinions 101063