Windows 10: Windows 10 fiasco from hell

Discus and support Windows 10 fiasco from hell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So like so many of you...I installed windows 10. Don't know why I ever did at this point. Seems like the worst mistake in my technical life. I have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jazz Iguana, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Windows 10 fiasco from hell

So like so many of you...I installed windows 10. Don't know why I ever did at this point. Seems like the worst mistake in my technical life. I have had a slew of problems ever since.

First it messed with some of my games. A bit annoying but fixable. Got a lot of them to work again aside from a few. It also reeeeeally messed with AVG and how it works so that was fun. So a few days go by and I decide to downgrade. Not very happy with win10.

I go to downgrade back to win7 last night...completely bricked my PC. Screen would just be black with mouse cursor. My first thought was its the drivers from win10 messing with win7. Which was probably the case. Very mad at this point. The fact that there's an option to downgrade your PC but not one to rollback drivers is ridiculous! Makes no sense. Perhaps its my fault but I read all disclaimers thoroughly and backed up accordingly. Not ONE sentence claiming there might be driver issues.

So to end this little story. I am currently REINSTALLING windows 10 because I have no choice, apparently. And now my computer will probably be more messed up than before. We'll see.

Anyone have any problems like this? Also what's some good tips for avoiding problems like this in the future? And final question - will any of my previous settings be restorable?

P.S. I made a system restore point...all my system restore points where deleted!! Wasn't very happy about that.

:)

Jazz Iguana, Aug 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 ruined my laptop

I'm sending this from my iPad because Windows 10 has completely hosed my laptop. Any suggestions on how to uninstall? This is another Microsoft fiasco

jamesburkart, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Fall Creator Update Issue

Recent update has removed downloaded apps. Additionally the Windows Store is not available. What gives and how can I correct this fiasco?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store]

DanielSkill, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 fiasco from hell

Ztruker, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Victek Win User
    Sorry about the bad experience. After you reinstall 10 I would run Disk Cleanup and check to see if there's an entry for the old Windows System files (in other words "7"). Don't delete them of course. If AVG is still having problems just uninstall and reinstall the latest version.

Regarding rolling back to the previous OS I've only done it once on a customer's PC and it went OK. If you want to try it again I would uninstall AVG. If you have any other third party security remove that too. I would also run disk cleanup (just temp files), disk check (chkdsk /f) and sfc /scannow. This will contribute to a successful outcome. If you need help with the maintenance have a look at Tweaking.com All In One Windows Repair (excellent program and free). Hope this helps

Victek, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Just a heads up uninstalling AVG is not so easy you really need to go to the AVG site and get the AVG Removal tool AVG | Download tools and utilities

It's very much like McAfee, it don't like being uninstalled.

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 fiasco from hell

1. Windows 10 fiasco from hell - Similar Threads - fiasco hell

2. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco: I'm one of the people for whom the KB5034441 update failed to install.With reboots, etc, I was able to install all the other January '24 updates. However, after checking Windows Event Viewer, I have noticed that since the above-mentioned update failure, I am getting the...
  3. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco: I'm one of the people for whom the KB5034441 update failed to install.With reboots, etc, I was able to install all the other January '24 updates. However, after checking Windows Event Viewer, I have noticed that since the above-mentioned update failure, I am getting the...
  4. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2H22 fiasco

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  6. 2H22 fiasco

2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  7. WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco: Changed motherboards on computer using windows 10 pro Windows version was previously a windows 7 forced upgrade to windows 10. Swapped motherboard and followed activation instructions via virtual assistant and called support as prompted by virtual assistant. I've...
  8. Mail Fiasco

Mail Fiasco: Well here I go again. Last year I was having a problem with the Mail App in Windows 10. To be specific when I opened the Mail App to view my emails none of the messages were showing graphics or pictures just text - which looked like machine language writing. So after...
  9. Windows 10 update fiasco

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fiasco: I have just downloaded a very large windows 10 update and now find I have no pointer to enable me to engage with my computer; I am basically locked out. Any suggestions regarding how to fix this are most welcome :0)...
  10. Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?: Is there a definitive resolution to reactivate a network after the 1803 upgrade? I seem to have tried everything that has been published and nothing has worked! Two PCs and one laptop in my house cannot share data with each other.....am I in a parallel universe where...