Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had this problem before with an external sata drive I connect to either with sata or USB where I'm not able to access certain files and folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by albert1, May 9, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing

I've had this problem before with an external sata drive I connect to either with sata or USB where I'm not able to access certain files and folders because of file and folder permissions.

I'm currently connected to this sata drive via USB under Windows 10 where I'm not able to access some of the files due to permissions.

I remember resolving this problem before by adding permissions for the current logged in admin user. I remember needing to edit permissions from the security tab, but don't remember what I did as now the security tab is hidden.

So far I've tried using gpedit.msc editing "remove security tab" .. setting it to "no" and enabling and disabling but can't seem to be unable to display the security tab and don't remember what I previously did to display the security tab.

This has been an ongoing problem with earlier versions of Windows where I've needed to constantly change the file and folder permission to access the external drive from four different PC's. Currently I have two Windows 10 PC's, one Vista laptop and one XP laptop. I would like to be able to change all of the external drives files and folders so it can be readily accessed and not need to continually change file and folder permissions when switching from one pc to another and not to constantly need to keep adding new persmissions.

:)

albert1, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing

1. Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing - Similar Threads - File Explorer folder's

2. Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog: When I right click on a .exe file in windows 10 home edition file explorer and select properties, there is no Compatibility tab. I have tried setting up the registry entry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\DisablePropPageto the value REG_DWORD...
  3. Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility tab missing in windows 10 file properties dialog: When I right click on a .exe file in windows 10 home edition file explorer and select properties, there is no Compatibility tab. I have tried setting up the registry entry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\DisablePropPageto the value REG_DWORD...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348: on one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots...
  8. Folder security and other tabs missing on folder properties for some folders - Windows 10 home

Folder security and other tabs missing on folder properties for some folders - Windows 10 home: Sirs, peers and learned professionalsOn some folders, only but not on all, the folder properties do not show the security options. The situation is similar to the one described here...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...