Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This was few months ago, don't mind the text in the video, this was from another issue. 2017 02 03 15 44 16 1 - YouTube And this is now: 2017 04 23... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lazarus23, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Lazarus23 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow

This was few months ago, don't mind the text in the video, this was from another issue.
    2017 02 03 15 44 16 1 - YouTube
    And this is now:
    2017 04 23 10 00 04 - YouTube
    You definitely can see the difference, the os is installed on a 250gb Samsung SSD. Sometimes I don't understand windows 10...
    Why all of a sudden it is slow to open what could have caused this?
    It's the same issue with documents, this pc shortcuts on desktop.

I did a clean install of windows and the problem remained the same.

Windows version 1511(10586.873)

:)

Lazarus23, Apr 23, 2017
  2. Lazarus23 Win User

As if it was that easy, done that in the beginning...

Lazarus23, Apr 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow

Hi,

File explorer is a core file of Windows and does a lot more behind the scene. If the issue persists after performing a clean install, we suggest that you disable Quick Access in File Explorer as most users reported that doing this resolves the issue for
    them.

Whenever you open a File Explorer window, you’ll see the Quick Access view, which provides access to frequently used folders and recently used files. To see the This PC view instead, click the
    File menu, and select Change folder and search options. Click the
    Open File Explorer to box at the top of the window, select
    This PC
    instead of Quick access, then click on
    OK

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Apr 23, 2017
  4. iDamn Win User

hai.
    - is your SSD in good health?
    - does this problem happen after updating your machine?
    - ever consider updating to creators update to test your luck there?

iDamn, Apr 23, 2017
  5. Lazarus23 Win User
    -How do I check my SSD health?
    -Before and after
    -Done that, problem remained the same plus horrible for gaming performance...
    Right now planning to do third different reinstall of windows...
    Edit: lol apparently with build 10240 can't even install graphics drivers, going to do 4th install, God wish me luck...
    Also when I did "clean" install I didn't format "System reserved" partition (500mb) maybe it had some bad files that carried over to the next install, is it possible? I did format main ssd though.

Lazarus23, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow - Similar Threads - File Explorer opens

2. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  3. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  4. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer slow to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer slow to open: I have Windows 10 and File Explorer is slow to open. It takes over a minute to open. Once it opens it runs fine. I'm not sure why it is so slow to open and not sure what to check....
  6. Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer

Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer: This is a small but annoying problem. When I click on the "Network" link in File Explorer, it takes a long time to open. It's only a couple of minutes but it seem to take forever compared to opening other folders. If I open the network from two other computers on the...
  7. Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file

Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file: Hello, recently my Windows File Explorer has been really slow. Whenever I open a file or open File Explorer it freezes for about 10-20 seconds. After that it works just fine and I can navigate to any file I want, it's only when I open up a file from my desktop or try to open...
  8. File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts: Recently a change occured (after an update?). I have a folder containing only 6 shortcuts, linking to devices or to drives, connected to devices, in my home network. Opening this folder takes about 30 sec. It has to do with those shortcuts that link to drives, connected to...
  9. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  10. Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders: Since a couple of weeks when I open a file or folder in my Windows Explorer i see for maybe a couple of seconds a wristwatch pointer appearing and disappearing before opening that file or folder. Not a big deal but annoying. Can anyone help me please? 103092