Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have had this SAME problem happen with my NEW laptop - BUT have managed to SOLVE the problem. sorry i am UNABLE to add this SOLUTION to my previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BW, Apr 18, 2024.

1. BW
    BW Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

i have had this SAME problem happen with my NEW laptop - BUT have managed to SOLVE the problem. sorry i am UNABLE to add this SOLUTION to my previous post on thisI have Windows 11 Home and ABODE ACROBAT'The problem: Windows 11 Explorer WILL preview all other file types EXCEPT PDF's so all image files, even word and excel files WILL preview but try to preview any PDF and i get an error message. i checked all the Explorer settings as well as ABODE settings as this is my intended PDF app and still the problem persisted - exactly the same as my previous post on this on about 8 September

:)

2. pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

I have been using "preview pane" in file explorer forever. However, for some unknown reason, the preview pane for pdf files have become very small, to the point where the pdf file preview pane is too small and unreadable. preview pane for all other files
    appears to be ok (large enough as before). this is only affecting pdf files.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe reader.

I am looking for suggestions to get back to where the preview pane of pdf files is as large as before

StephenKlotz, Apr 18, 2024
  3. File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at Redirecting bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and yet there is no pdf
    preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

Yes. More than that, I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at Redirecting bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and
    yet there is no pdf preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

1. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed... - Similar Threads - File Explorer preview

2. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...: i have had this SAME problem happen with my NEW laptop - BUT have managed to SOLVE the problem. sorry i am UNABLE to add this SOLUTION to my previous post on thisI have Windows 11 Home and ABODE ACROBAT'The problem: Windows 11 Explorer WILL preview all other file types EXCEPT...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...: Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed correctly. Up until recently this worked perfectly. I have checked settings in both File Explorer "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT set and Acrobat Reader "Enable PDF thumbnail...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...: Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed correctly. Up until recently this worked perfectly. I have checked settings in both File Explorer "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT set and Acrobat Reader "Enable PDF thumbnail...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  7. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  8. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

9. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...
  10. File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf: Lately (I don't know how long, just noticed recently) Win 10 File Explorer won't show a preview of .docx or xlsx files. I have found a weird workaround: Open File Explorer, Highlight (click on) the file I want to preview. Nothing but a ding sound indicating a little window...