Windows 10: Windows 10 file sharing

Discus and support Windows 10 file sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers, both running Windows 10, v. 1803 and I am trying to set up files sharing with out Home Group. When I select a file to share a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkMoore2, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 file sharing

I have two computers, both running Windows 10, v. 1803 and I am trying to set up files sharing with out Home Group. When I select a file to share a window pops up that includes the phrase, "Make sure the other device has nearby sharing turned on in Action Center". The problem is that on one of the computers there is no setting for "nearby sharing". I have looked in the Shared Experiences part of setup and "nearby sharing" is not an option to turn on. Again, both computers have the latest v. 1803 of Windows 10.

How can I get "nearby sharing" on the one computer? or how can I share without it?

:)

MarkMoore2, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 23, 2018
  3. sml156 Win User
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

Windows 10 file sharing [​IMG]

sml156, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

Windows 10 file sharing

turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 file sharing

1. Windows 10 file sharing - Similar Threads - file sharing

2. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  3. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  4. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  5. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  6. how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network: how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-files-and-printing-between-win-10-pro/430c90ef-ddf3-4f65-88bb-639000867472
  7. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  8. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  9. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. i want to share my minidump file

i want to share my minidump file: hi , i have a problem with freezing and crashing problem mostly in warframe or tombrider games but it happened in other apps and games.can someone help and give a guide to get rid of it ? I've grown tired of this. i have this problem since i bought this laptop. Asus Tuf A15...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 intermittent network file sharing

2. share files windows 10