Windows 10: Windows 10 file system layout

Discus and support Windows 10 file system layout in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm looking to go to a new Windows 10 PC, and changing from a Windows 7 PC. If I backup the "My Documents" folder and all files and folders within, is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bootjangler, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 file system layout

I'm looking to go to a new Windows 10 PC, and changing from a Windows 7 PC.

If I backup the "My Documents" folder and all files and folders within, is there a similar file system
    under Windows 10, ie same structure I can dump directly to, or have they changed things and I'll
    have a bit more messing about to do?

Thanks

:)

bootjangler, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 File Explorer View Layout box

Hi Bruce,

A corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues with with the View Layout box on the File Explorer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image. Kindly follow the steps in this

Forum Article
    that was posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP) to perform SFC and DISM.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jul 21, 2018
  4. FreddyAk Win User

Windows 10 file system layout

Windows 10 installation file system

Hello I installed windows 10 on pendrive 3,75 gb with ntfs system file using ultraISO. I read on internet that it is required to use fat32 if you have uefi mobo which I do (msi b85m-g43). So far my system is working just fine except after boot screen the background doesnt dissapear, insted windows 10 loading circle on little black background appears and then it goes to welcome screen. Everythings else is fine so far. May this problem be caused by file system ? Or could it done any other problems I dont see?

Well Nevermind. It seems like program formatted pendrive to fat32 and I didnt see it.

FreddyAk, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 file system layout

1. Windows 10 file system layout - Similar Threads - file system layout

2. Customizing the Start Layout file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing the Start Layout file.: Hello guys, hoping for a bit of assistance. We have Windows 10 1809 build LTSC, which I am currently writing policies for. One of the policies is customizing the start layout - specifically pinning items to the task bar. I want to keep the start menu free of any live tiles,...
  3. Customized System Layout For All Users

in Windows 10 Support
    Customized System Layout For All Users: Is there any good tutorials out there of how to customized a system for making an image the look and feel of the system? I'm trying to make a basic system with all the layout and stuff I want then any user who login will get the same layout and design of how I have it. This...
  4. Issues With File System In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues With File System In Windows 10: Hello Microsoft Community, I am facing several issues with the file system in Windows 10. 1 - When I search "Documents" in the search bar after pressing the Windows key, "Documents library privacy settings" comes up. Is it possible to set it to go directly to the folder...
  5. switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?

switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?: how do I switch from Windows 10 desktop layout to Windows 7 layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/switch-desktop-layout-to-windows-7-layout/03d05cc9-9235-445d-b41b-c83ea5b41cd3
  6. Windows 10 TabTip Layout

Windows 10 TabTip Layout: Hey, I am currently programming an WPF application, which will be used an mobile devices without an attached keyboard. Therefor I am using the Windows 10 TabTip.exe virtual keyboard, which works just fine. My only problem is, that every layout of this keyboard has the...
  7. Windows 10 file system layout

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 file system layout: I'm looking to go to a new Windows 10 PC, and changing from a Windows 7 PC. If I backup the "My Documents" folder and all files and folders within, is there a similar file system under Windows 10, ie same structure I can dump directly to, or have they changed things and...
  8. The File System in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    The File System in Windows 10: I was just wondering whether there has been any mention of updates for NTFS. I remember some time ago they were thinking of changing away from NTFS but that never happened. So do we know if NTFS has been changed/modified in any way for Windows 10? 7142
  9. Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10: Hi Shawn, For grizzled old dinosaurs like myself, do you have a method using that ancient thing called Control Panel? :-) I never show any of the fancy icons that you refer to in this tutorial, otherwise I would need a 29 inch screen. Here's what I want: In my own...
  10. Windows 10 will NOT save system files!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will NOT save system files!: Hello I am new to these forums so I hope you will bear with me if I have the wrong forum etc. I have had Windows 10 installed for a while and decided the other day to save anew picture from my webcam for my personal communications etc. I did get the webcam on and clicked...