Windows 10: Windows 10 file system layout

Discus and support Windows 10 file system layout in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm looking to go to a new Windows 10 PC, and changing from a Windows 7 PC. If I backup the "My Documents" folder and all files and folders within, is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bootjangler, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 file system layout

I'm looking to go to a new Windows 10 PC, and changing from a Windows 7 PC.

If I backup the "My Documents" folder and all files and folders within, is there a similar file system
    under Windows 10, ie same structure I can dump directly to, or have they changed things and I'll
    have a bit more messing about to do?

Thanks

:)

bootjangler, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 File Explorer View Layout box

Hi Bruce,

A corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues with with the View Layout box on the File Explorer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image. Kindly follow the steps in this

Forum Article
    that was posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP) to perform SFC and DISM.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jul 21, 2018
  4. FreddyAk Win User

Windows 10 file system layout

Windows 10 installation file system

Hello I installed windows 10 on pendrive 3,75 gb with ntfs system file using ultraISO. I read on internet that it is required to use fat32 if you have uefi mobo which I do (msi b85m-g43). So far my system is working just fine except after boot screen the background doesnt dissapear, insted windows 10 loading circle on little black background appears and then it goes to welcome screen. Everythings else is fine so far. May this problem be caused by file system ? Or could it done any other problems I dont see?

Well Nevermind. It seems like program formatted pendrive to fat32 and I didnt see it.

FreddyAk, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 file system layout

1. Windows 10 file system layout - Similar Threads - file system layout

2. Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout: Hi, I recently had to reinstall Win11 and the system icons on my taskbar are no longer stacked:exampleI seem to remember having to modify the registry to make this happen but I can no longer find the command. Any suggestions?...
  3. Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout: Hi, I recently had to reinstall Win11 and the system icons on my taskbar are no longer stacked:exampleI seem to remember having to modify the registry to make this happen but I can no longer find the command. Any suggestions?...
  4. Windows 10 system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system file: I accidentally delete the windows system file and I restarted and I come to the surface UFEI AND IT KEEP LOOP after I go check is the problem of the missing file I can’t go to system file checker what should I do!...
  5. Windows 10 system file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 system file: I accidentally delete the windows system file and I restarted and I come to the surface UFEI AND IT KEEP LOOP after I go check is the problem of the missing file I can’t go to system file checker what should I do!...
  6. Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning: Shortly after porting a few major apps and data groups to my Win-10 (pro, 64 bit) machine, I wanted to make sure I could clone my hard drive. I did so successfully with a very powerful tool I'll recommend everyone have, especially since you can do most operations with the...
  7. Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning

in Windows 10 Support
    Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning: Shortly after porting a few major apps and data groups to my Win-10 (pro, 64 bit) machine, I wanted to make sure I could clone my hard drive. I did so successfully with a very powerful tool I'll recommend everyone have, especially since you can do most operations with the...
  8. Layout Of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Layout Of File Explorer: I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient. When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this...
  9. Windows 10 file system layout

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 file system layout: I'm looking to go to a new Windows 10 PC, and changing from a Windows 7 PC. If I backup the "My Documents" folder and all files and folders within, is there a similar file system under Windows 10, ie same structure I can dump directly to, or have they changed things and...
  10. The File System in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    The File System in Windows 10: I was just wondering whether there has been any mention of updates for NTFS. I remember some time ago they were thinking of changing away from NTFS but that never happened. So do we know if NTFS has been changed/modified in any way for Windows 10? 7142