Windows 10: Windows 10 filename case problem

Discus and support Windows 10 filename case problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, i'm using Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 and i got case problem for example file or folder named "TENFORUMS" then when i change it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iXeNIV, May 20, 2018.

1. iXeNIV Win User

Windows 10 filename case problem

Hello everyone, i'm using Windows 10 Pro Build 1803
    and i got case problem for example file or folder named "TENFORUMS" then when i change it to "Tenforums" or "tenforum" it doesn't apply and stays "TENFORUMS" how to fix this issue ? , Thanks.

:)

iXeNIV, May 20, 2018
  2. IvoMI Win User

exe filenames - case sensistive or not ?

Good afternoon,

I am getting a message that a certain .exe file is not present. When I checked the relevant folder, the program was there, but some letters were upper case and some not. In other words, in the same folder, does Windows 10 Pro discriminate between upper and
    lower case letters in a filename. For example, would abc.exe be treated the same as ABC.exe.

Kind regards,

Ivo Martinek

IvoMI, May 20, 2018
  3. Greg.Wo Win User
    Why cannot change filename case?

Why it is not possible to change filename from ex. File.ext to file.ext (lowercase)? How can I turn off this stupid limitation? (Windows 10 (1709))

Greg.Wo, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 filename case problem

1. Windows 10 filename case problem - Similar Threads - filename case problem

2. Filename Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Filename Changes: How to rename file names replacing underscores/dashes with spaces?I've got multiple files in folder, they have - in their names. How can I change the dashes with spaces in those file names? is there any way? without any paid application....
  3. Filename Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filename Changes: How to rename file names replacing underscores/dashes with spaces?I've got multiple files in folder, they have - in their names. How can I change the dashes with spaces in those file names? is there any way? without any paid application....
  4. Filenames

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filenames: So I have a bunch of Amiibo images saved from a website, but they are save as "amiibo_card_AnimalCrossing_0x_xxxxxxxxx". I want to batch remove the "amiibo_card_AnimalCrossing_" part in all images and leave the "0x_xxxxxxxxx" part. Then, I want to remove the "_" between the...
  5. Filename Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Filename Warning: A Filename Warning box has appeared. I have looked online at other Community answers to this question. They suggest that a file name has changed but when I look in C drive there are already files correctly named Program Files and Program Files x86. Do I rename Program...
  6. How to solve or fix the problem of "Filename Is Too Long" in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to solve or fix the problem of "Filename Is Too Long" in windows 10?: I face this issue whenever I get files or folders from other sources or create one by myself. I also face this issue whenever I try deleting them if I don't want to use them further. I tried giving them shortest paths like on the desktop but in the end, it still faces these...
  7. Is there a way to make long path and filenames not be a problem in Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to make long path and filenames not be a problem in Windows?: I sometimes have a library of files stored in a lengthy folder path. The problem arises when the filename is also long. It's as if the file does not exist even though it is physically there. I can't move these files from search results to another folder. Other programs...
  8. Filename case displays incorrectly

Filename case displays incorrectly: I have a Linux based NAS device with a Samba share named "TV". Windows displays this as "tv". Previously, I could correct this by setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced DontPrettyPath =dword:00000001, but with...
  9. Is there a bug in filename sort in Window 10? Below I sort by filename but it is NOT correct.

Is there a bug in filename sort in Window 10? Below I sort by filename but it is NOT correct.: Is there a bug in filename sort in Window 10. Below I sort by filename but it is NOT correct. This is very frustrating. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-bug-in-filename-sort-in-window-10-below/f799138e-d0c2-4d7a-866b-06fe0845f5f6"
  10. Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10: I don't know how to change font thickness(now i can see every pixel),and Filenames and Folder names are written in black color. i want default settings for font. [ATTACH] Sorry for bad english....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows issues with file name case

2. problemy z kb4340917 i kb4343909