Windows 10: Windows 10 files recording function supports DVD+/-R DL or not?

Discus and support Windows 10 files recording function supports DVD+/-R DL or not? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Files recording function on Windows 10 supports DVD+/-R DL or not? Thank you 76347 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kongming, Jan 31, 2017.

1. kongming Win User

Windows 10 files recording function supports DVD+/-R DL or not?

Files recording function on Windows 10 supports DVD+/-R DL or not?

Thank you

:)

kongming, Jan 31, 2017

2. Why can't I record DVD + R DL on my Windows 10 ?

I use Win 10. I can record other DVD but not DVD + R DL.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AndrewRembarczyk, Jan 31, 2017
  3. DVD Multi Recorder RW DVD-R DL Doesn't function--after upgraded to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern and will certainly help you to get your query resolved.

We would like to know the following information to assist you better.

1) What is the make and model of the computer?

2) Is it a 32 bit or a 64 bit Operating System that you are using on the computer?

3) Did you update all device drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

4) Does the DVD drive show up in the Device Manager?

Try these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

A. Type troubleshooter in the search bar

B. Click on view all.

C. From the list, select hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the
    on-screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Uninstall the damaged driver and then reinstall it. These are few changes to make and try:

A. Press “Windows key + X”.

B. Click on “Device Manager” and then right click on the
    CD/DVD
    device listed in the Device Manager window and click
    Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) ,then select “Uninstall”.

C. Restart the computer and let the Windows to detect the device and install the drivers
    suited to it automatically.

D. If it does not detect automatically, then download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website
    and install it manually.

Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for any assistance regarding Windows 10.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you are asking whether Windows supports the creation of dual layer DVDs - yes it does.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2017
  5. kongming Win User
    It is a Windows 10 built-in function and not related third party apps.
    By the way, many thanks.

kongming, Jan 31, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The DVD drive must support burning DL DVDs.

NavyLCDR, Jan 31, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Not sure if that was meant as a question. Anyway:
    How to Burn CDs or DVDs in Windows 10

dalchina, Jan 31, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Also, I've been able to get the DVD+R/DL discs, haven't seen the -R version in places I buy or shop.

Berton, Jan 31, 2017
  9. kongming Win User
    Yes, exactly. I am asking this.
    If I have a dics, I will test it.

Thank you very much

kongming, Jan 31, 2017
  10. kongming Win User
    You are correct only DVD+R DL, no DVD-R DL in market.

By the way, thank you very much.

kongming, Jan 31, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    You're welcome.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 files recording function supports DVD+/-R DL or not? - Similar Threads - files recording function

2. Which is better for a Windows 11: a DVD+R or a DVD-R

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is better for a Windows 11: a DVD+R or a DVD-R: I have a question:Which one is better for a Windows 11 Pro, a DVD+R or a DVD-R? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-better-for-a-windows-11-a-dvdr-or-a-dvd-r/fbe2e7ae-1ee4-43a1-84ee-451ff9f9e097
  3. Which is better for a Windows 11: a DVD+R or a DVD-R

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is better for a Windows 11: a DVD+R or a DVD-R: I have a question:Which one is better for a Windows 11 Pro, a DVD+R or a DVD-R? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-better-for-a-windows-11-a-dvdr-or-a-dvd-r/fbe2e7ae-1ee4-43a1-84ee-451ff9f9e097
  4. Can't format DVD+R DL in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format DVD+R DL in windows 11: So I have a DVD. Specifically Its a 8.5 GB DVD+R DL and its new so I have to format it right? well Windows won't let me soo... yea PLS HELPWhat it gets stuck on \/ What the formatter says /\ What event viewer says /\...
  5. Can't format DVD+R DL in windows 11

Can't format DVD+R DL in windows 11: So I have a DVD. Specifically Its a 8.5 GB DVD+R DL and its new so I have to format it right? well Windows won't let me soo... yea PLS HELPWhat it gets stuck on \/ What the formatter says /\ What event viewer says /\...
  6. imaging a DVD-DL to a USB

imaging a DVD-DL to a USB: I have just been forced to buy a new PC. It does not come with a dvd drive. Is it possible to image some original software on DVD onto a memory stick or an SD-card of big enough size?...
  7. Lost files on DVD-R

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files on DVD-R: Help please. I Burned holiday photos from Digital Camera onto a DVD-R. I then checked that the photo files were shown on the DVD-R contents list ( File Explorer) Today I put the DVD-R in the PC and these photos are missing ( no longer listed on contents) Also despite...
  8. DVD R

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD R: how do I erase a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-r/8cb187dd-f717-495c-95e3-99c1c3df5bb4
  9. Does Windows 10 not support DVD-R anymore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does Windows 10 not support DVD-R anymore?: Before I toss all of these DVDs I need to find out if Microsoft has set Windows 10 not to support them anymore. The last time I tried to burn some information onto disc it acted like it was burning and closing the disc to be read and then when I checked it there was nothing...
  10. recording to a dvd r+ problems

recording to a dvd r+ problems: Hi, I am trying to transfer old vhs tapes to dvd. I installed Roxio "easy vhs to dvd3 plus" on a w10 laptop which has a read-write dvd player built in. When I click on "rec" nothing happens. Also I do not see a "stop" button on the screen. I did have to re-size my screen...