Windows 10: Windows 10 Files Search

Discus and support Windows 10 Files Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! On Windows 7/8/8.1, I have always used the built-in indexer to index folders which contains portable utilities and using the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tiltshiftfocus, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Files Search

Hi everyone!

On Windows 7/8/8.1, I have always used the built-in indexer to index folders which contains portable utilities and using the search function to easily launch these executable.

However on Windows 10 Build 10240, it seems that I am unable to search for 'files' anymore.
    Is there a registry tweak to change this behavior for the search on Windows 10?

Thank you!

:)

tiltshiftfocus, Jul 23, 2015
  2. 7hox7 Win User

My windows 10 search and index file is closed?

My windows 10 search and index file is closed?
    My windows 10 search and index file is closed? how do I open it?

7hox7, Jul 23, 2015
  3. LostInSpace88, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Files Search

You should be able to search for files by typing the file name into search and clicking on "My Stuff".

Here's a simply search for *.log:

Windows 10 Files Search [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Jul 23, 2015
  5. Thanks!
    log files seem to work but how about exe files? I can't seem to get the result for exes.
    I have to click on 'Search My Stuff' and then 'File Explorer' to get the filter I want.

6. linw Win User
    If you try a prog called 'Everything' you won't bother with windows file search.

7. Yep, I am using that now. I just find it amazing that Microsoft has to remove a feature in the search function, performance or security reasons maybe?

But I still hope I can launch my programs through the start menu because to me it's easier to press the start button and type, rather than using a combination shortcut key.

8. Windows 10 Files Search

I'm amazed that this option to search for executables isn't in here. I'm REALLY hoping this is a bug. I have a bunch of portable apps that I can no longer pull up. Even worse, when I pin the app to the start menu, it doesn't search for that either. It's horrible!

marriedgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Files Search

1. Windows 10 Files Search - Similar Threads - Files Search

2. Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...: Windows 11 file explorer doesn't have explanations of search options. I was trying to find favorited videos and pictures in file explorer and there was no pop up explaining what the search options were or even any way to get search help within windows 11 file explorer. This...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...: Windows 11 file explorer doesn't have explanations of search options. I was trying to find favorited videos and pictures in file explorer and there was no pop up explaining what the search options were or even any way to get search help within windows 11 file explorer. This...
  4. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  5. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  6. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. when we search anything in the folder, it is not showing full name of the file when file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when we search anything in the folder, it is not showing full name of the file when file...: when we search anything in the folder, it is not showing full name of the file when file name is too long, and we can't adjust the description column size also....
  8. when we search anything in the folder, it is not showing full name of the file when file...

when we search anything in the folder, it is not showing full name of the file when file...: when we search anything in the folder, it is not showing full name of the file when file name is too long, and we can't adjust the description column size also....
  9. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...
  10. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to search folders windows 10 1909