Windows 10: Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

Discus and support Windows 10 firewall? No internet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by redex, Apr 16, 2017.

1. redex Win User

Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow internet access. What do I have to add to the firewall for this to work? When I turn off the firewall, I have internet access again.

:)

redex, Apr 16, 2017

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

"Internet Access" is more than just port 80. For instance, HTTPS runs on port 443 as well. In addition to that, you need to open UDP port 53 to allow DNS through, otherwise there will be no name to IP translation. You will likely also need to open UDP ports 67 and 68 for DHCP to allow your computer to automatically assign it's IP address from a DHCP server.

Even then, depending on how you configured the firewall, you may need to open outgoing ports above 1024 because each connection requires two ports, the incoming and the outgoing port. Outgoing ports are randomly selected above 1024 (though most NAT traversal does this automatically, but if you override this in the firewall you can block that, and thus cannot get a full connection)

Mystere, Apr 16, 2017
  5. redex Win User
    Hi, I have opened port 80, 443, 53, 67 & 68 on my computer incoming and outgoing. I still have no internet access. When I just had port 80 open, there was an exclamation mark on my WiFi. When I turned off the firewall & disconnected from the WiFi, then reconnected, it said that I had internet access. Now when I connect with the other ports open, it goes straight to internet access. However, there is no internet access for microsoft edge, or Firefox. Thanks for your help so far! =)

redex, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 firewall? No internet access - Similar Threads - firewall internet access

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall disabling internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  6. Firewall disabling internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  7. Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).: Short description: If I run slmgr -ato when using a direct connection to the internet the device is activated, if doing the same from the network with limited internet access activation fails. What sites/urls/ports must I allow to be able to activate Windows from our limited...
  8. cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot access Internet when the firewall is on: When the firewall is on I cannot get access to the Internet. I received a message that “internet connection is blocked”. It started after update to the current Windows version (1809 Build 17763.292). What can I do to allow the Internet when the firewall is on?...
  9. Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet: My windows firewall is not working and i can't turn it on, also my internet connection is also not working. I think it may be because the computer was probably turned off while updating windows, i am not sure. I have tried to go to services and start the windows firewall...
  10. Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.: I've gotten a reoccuring error that pops up ever since I updated my laptop. Whenever I open up something that uses internet (mostly just Chrome tbh), it gives me the message 'Windows Firewall has blocked access' or something like that. I always hit allow access, but it comes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. got ip address no internet access firewall blocking

2. windows firewall on no internet access