Windows 10: Windows 10 Flipping Contacts Names in Outlook.com

Discus and support Windows 10 Flipping Contacts Names in Outlook.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an Outlook.com email address connected to Outlook 2013 on 2 PCs. One PC has Windows 8.1, the other has Windows 10. Outlook on the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rmgross1, Aug 6, 2015.

1. rmgross1 Win User

Windows 10 Flipping Contacts Names in Outlook.com

I have an Outlook.com email address connected to Outlook 2013 on 2 PCs. One PC has Windows 8.1, the other has Windows 10. Outlook on the Windows 10 machine shows some contacts' names flipped around (last name as first, first as last); when I try to correct them on Outlook, it messes them up on Outlook.com. This doesn't happen with the Windows 8.1 machine. Obviously, the MS people broke something in Win 10 that was working in Win 8.1. Please fix, or give me some ideas about how I can resolve this. Until that happens, I'll be using the 8.1 machine.

:)

rmgross1, Aug 6, 2015
  2. GaryB0125 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Suggested Contacts

I finally figured out how to get rid of unwanted suggested contacts for my outlook.com account in the Windows 10 Mail App:

• Sign into the outlook.com account on the web and then delete any unwanted suggested contacts by clicking the X next to the suggested contact.
    • Sign out of outlook.com and then open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Delete the outlook.com account from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Add the outlook.com account back in.
    • The deleted suggested contacts are now gone!

GaryB0125, Aug 6, 2015
  3. unable to see jpeg attachment

I send the picture from my flip phone to my hotmail account which is now outlook.com

patscatsTF, Aug 6, 2015
  4. neomatter Win User

In Outlook select File>Options>People

Under Names and filing, check the setting for the order the name is to appear as. Maybe that might be the issue?

My contacts show up fine on both Windows 10 (PC and Surface Pro 2), Outlook.com and Android phone synced to it. All my contacts are displayed properly. But I am not using an outlook.com email address (my isp email address is tied to the account).

neomatter, Aug 6, 2015
  5. rmgross1 Win User
    No, when I change around the names in the Outlook client address book so that they are correct, the names are flipped around in Outlook.com. If I correct them in Outlook.com, they're flipped around in the Outlook client address book. This only happens with the Outlook client on my Win 10 PC; it's fine on the Outlook client on my Win 8.1 machine.

rmgross1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Flipping Contacts Names in Outlook.com - Similar Threads - Flipping Contacts Names

2. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  3. outlook contacting server

in Microsoft Office and 365
    outlook contacting server: hi i have windwos 10 pro all updated, and office pro 2016 all legal licenses and kaspersky internet security. when i was in netcabo operator or net by cable in this case called NOS in Portugal i had no problems. since i change to Vodafone fiber, this problems arrived. i am...
  4. outlook contacting server

in Windows 10 Support
    outlook contacting server: hi i have windwos 10 pro all updated, and office pro 2016 all legal licenses and kaspersky internet security. when i was in netcabo operator or net by cable in this case called NOS in Portugal i had no problems. since i change to Vodafone fiber, this problems arrived. i am...
  5. Phantom contacts in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom contacts in Outlook: Whenever I send an email and the recipient tries to reply, they receive an error message that an email to an ex-contact has failed. That contact is no longer in my contacts list, but I am concerned about what other addresses are also being tacked on when I send an email and...
  6. Contact name and birthday

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Contact name and birthday: I would like to know is it possible to change my own contact name in particularly someone's contact list so my name appears differently from what it initially was (the original name saved by the person) in the person's contact list? Besides, can I add my own birthday to...
  7. My Com it won't Contact to Microsoft Server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Com it won't Contact to Microsoft Server: I am Having Problem to be able on Contacting to the Microsoft Server/Yet I am able to Log into the Com just find/Here is a Overview on the Com/ My Overview of the Com/ I got it aback in the Year of 20150421/Then I jump off of Windows 8.1 And Jump onto Windows 10/Since I...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  9. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683
  10. Outlook 2016 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...