Windows 10: windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings

Discus and support windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; so, got a british buddy whose windows 10 computer has seen fit to flush ALL personalized settings..I'm talking from screensaver, to wallpaper, even his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xraiderv1, Oct 6, 2015.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings

so, got a british buddy whose windows 10 computer has seen fit to flush ALL personalized settings..I'm talking from screensaver, to wallpaper, even his google chrome is looking factory install fresh if you catch my drift.

to say he is NOT a happy camper is like saying it rains in monsoon season.

now I've never heard of an os just flushing the settings like that, so here I am, to ask a question.

my question is rather simple..what possible occurrences could have seen this happen? and how does he stop it happening again?

:)

xraiderv1, Oct 6, 2015
  2. BoltLatch Win User

Windows 10 Does Not Seem To Save My Personal Settings

I drive an HP Envy laptop with gesture control. It had Windows 8 on it. Last week I finally allowed the upgrade to Windows 10. I have had all sorts of problems since. The most troubling is the apparent inability to retain personal settings. Whenever I sign
    off and back on, the PC looks like a fresh installation. All my personal settings such as Desktop, Quick Launch toolbar, IE Favorites, IE Do Not Track Add-Ons... everything that makes a PC a workstation goes bye-bye. Instead of intended work, I spend inordinate
    amounts of time resetting my work environments, looking for my tools... enough gripe!

Does anyone have a way to save my personalization, that is short of flushing the machine and installing Windows 10 from scratch? Do I need to create a new user account?

BoltLatch, Oct 6, 2015
  3. My Commute: "Couldn't set up that commute" message

Hi c_laudia/scoobyman,

Regarding the flushing of My Commute data, I don't appear to have a Clear Personal Data option in my Lumia 820 Settings.

Peteeclark, Oct 6, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi ... Did he by chance switch account from a Microsoft to local ?

sn00ker, Oct 6, 2015
  5. xraiderv1 Win User
    he apparently inadvertently signed into a temp account, dont ask me how that happened.

xraiderv1, Oct 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings - Similar Threads - flushed personalization settings

2. Windows 10 Personalization/Color Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Personalization/Color Settings: Hello! So basically I was recently changing my colors in my windows 10 computer settings and you know how you can go into settings>then personalization>then colors and there are all these options to pick a accent color for both your start menu and your taskbar? Well I...
  3. Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...: including desktop, start menu, and display/power settings, as well as web browser Edge favs and passwords, and more. I am finding it difficult just to grasp the magnitude of the issue. All of my 3rd-party apps seem to have had their history and settings wiped e.g.: XnView,...
  4. Windows 10 Saving personalized settings

Windows 10 Saving personalized settings: My Windows 10 is from a Microsoft Store purchased USB. Since installation on my desktop, two months ago, saving my personalized display settings is erratic. Most of the time, it is as if settings were not saved at shutdown/power off or they are removed at next startup. It...
  5. Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you recently installed an update, and when you boot your computer and you see an error message – Personalized Settings (Not Responding), then some of these suggestions are sure to help you. This error can appear after installing an [...] This post...
  6. Windows 10, syncing of personal settings

Windows 10, syncing of personal settings: For a long time, I've used the mouse left handed on my desktop machine. (I'm right handed, and I can mouse just fine left handed, but I cant write left handed, so I like to keep my right hand free to take notes (I know - archaic). I like the way settings sync to the other...
  7. Windows 10 Settings > Personalization doesn't work at all.

Windows 10 Settings > Personalization doesn't work at all.: Hello, I am using the latest Windows 10 on my PC and I have an issue on trying to open my Personalization setting since last month to change my background, but it wouldn't let me access it. I have run a PowerShell log as an Admin by reading another thread that was having...
  8. Personalized Settings on startup [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Support
    Personalized Settings on startup [Windows 10]: I have this issue where when I restart my laptop there's a windows that says "Personalized Settings" with black screen. Takes a while to load and it done this multiple times. It started doing it today. How can I fix? 100313
  9. Windows 10 turns re-sets personal settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 turns re-sets personal settings: Windows 10 will reset my settings. First of all I have my system set to make IE my default brewers. But every time I click a link it will ask me if I want IE or Edge. One other thing. I dislike using the touch pad on my laptop so I have it set to disable the touch pad. I...
  10. Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10: How to: Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 How to Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 [img] Information A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted...