Windows 10: windows 10 font confusing after update

Discus and support windows 10 font confusing after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After windows 10 update, fonts in particular programs became messed up like edge browser, mozilla firefox and some setup files...i cant read it when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richizzy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. richizzy Win User

windows 10 font confusing after update

After windows 10 update, fonts in particular programs became messed up like edge browser, mozilla firefox and some setup files...i cant read it when that occurs and it is really frustrating. please immediate help will be appreciated

windows 10 font confusing after update [​IMG]

:)

richizzy, Dec 14, 2015
  2. CammyFay Win User

help with adding fonts in windows 10

Trying to get a font in windows 10. I go to font, font control panel, and click on view installed fonts. So they are already installed on my computer? I right click on a font, go to file, there is no option to "install/add new font". I am so confused.
    Do I copy the font, and paste it somewhere? Please help!

CammyFay, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Some fonts are missing after upgrade

You may not have to reset.

In WinVer check to confirm which version you have. If you have 1703 that is the "Creator's update", in which case, this next link may describe your problem

Fonts installed by using “Install as shortcut” are missing after a system restart in Windows 10 Creators Update

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...install-as-shortcut-are-missing-after-a-syste

Symptoms

Fonts that you installed by using the Install as shortcut option on a computer that is running Windows 10 Creators Update, Version 1703, are no longer available after a system restart. When this problem occurs, the missing fonts are not
    visible in the Fonts item in Control Panel or in the font picker list in Windows applications.

The list of missing fonts can include fonts that were installed before or after the computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update.

Rohn007, Dec 14, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Go to Device manager, right click Display adapter driver, uninstall and reboot, HTH.

brummyfan, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Lange666 Win User
    I wonder if that will help?
    Did you took a closer look at the screenshot he provided?

Lange666, Dec 15, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    I don't know but worth a try*Smile

brummyfan, Dec 15, 2015
  7. Lange666 Win User
    For me there is nothing wrong with the drivers. The screenshot looks weird because it's a different font.
    But not every font has been changed, only those on the webpage. So for me that ain't a driver issue, far from...

Lange666, Dec 15, 2015
  8. richizzy Win User

that didnt work, already tried that

richizzy, Dec 16, 2015
  9. richizzy Win User
    The thing is, it only affects my edge browser and firefox so far...and firefox has a browser specifically for windows 10, i guess thats why it is being affected

richizzy, Dec 16, 2015
  10. richizzy Win User
    it corrected itself when the windows update ran....guess thats al i needed cus it had updated twice to no avail previously so i just ruled that out

richizzy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 font confusing after update - Similar Threads - font confusing update

2. Russin fonts display confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Russin fonts display confusion: I'm an open source programmer and one of my Russian friends was viewing his copy of aharoni.tty font using Windows Font Viewer Font - inside the control panel he sees this:Now this is a Hebrew font and doesn't contain any of these characters. On my English US Windows 10 I get...
  3. Russin fonts display confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Russin fonts display confusion: I'm an open source programmer and one of my Russian friends was viewing his copy of aharoni.tty font using Windows Font Viewer Font - inside the control panel he sees this:Now this is a Hebrew font and doesn't contain any of these characters. On my English US Windows 10 I get...
  4. Windows 10 Confusion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Confusion: So I am re-installing Windows 10 on a friends computer, this is somethig I have done many many times before.As I didn't want to loose any of his data I bought another like for like hard disk and installed Windows on that.Now that Windows 10, has bene installed I am simply...
  5. the decades long , confusing battle with Windows fonts

the decades long , confusing battle with Windows fonts: So once again I find myself battling with Windows 10 to get fonts just the right size in all the apps, browsers, explorer windows ,etc,etc....as always, if you tweak it one place to your liking, Windows doesn't tweak it elsewhere...frustrating. I've resorted to 3rd party...
  6. Windows Update confusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update confusion: In Windows Update, a scan reports that "It looks like all available updates are installed and your PC is up to date" including 2019-07 Cumulative Update KB4505903. Yet Windows Update also indicates that KB4505903 is available and has links to "download and install now". How...
  7. Fonts 'disappeared' after update to Windows 10

Fonts 'disappeared' after update to Windows 10: Any one out there have the same problem?? After updating from windows 7 to Windows 10 lots of fonts are not available when using Excel or Word 'Wingdings 3' for example. How do I access missing fonts please?...
  8. Windows 10 update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update confusion: I'm not tech savvy at all, so I don't know why the Windows updates won't work on my computer. Each time I try to install the updates, a message comes up on the screen saying that doing the update may cause some of my audio and video files to not work correctly. Is it...
  9. Update confusion

Update confusion: I have update KB4034674 (Build 15063.540) successfully install on 8/8/2017. Then on 8/13/2017 KB4032188 (Build 15063.502) failed to install 6 times. Since KB4032188 is an earlier build I assume that's why it failed. However, why would it even try to install at all since it's...
  10. Updates confusion

Updates confusion: In my taskbar, I have a Windows Defender Security Centre shield, constantly showing a red cross over it. I click on it and it takes me to Settings, Windows Update, which shows .. Updates are available • 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based...