Windows 10: Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...

Discus and support Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Businesses switching to Windows 10 for Enterprise won't be getting the operating system as a free upgrade within the first year of release and it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by badrobot, Jan 31, 2015.

1. badrobot Win User

Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...

Businesses switching to Windows 10 for Enterprise won't be getting the operating system as a free upgrade within the first year of release and it will be updated differently as well.
    Back in October, it was reported that Microsoft was working on a lock-down update system for Windows 10 business users and it seems that it will be implemented in the Enterprise version of the operating system.
    According to Microsoft's latest blog post, the company's free Windows 10 upgrade offer won't cover the Enterprise version of the OS which is provided to software assurance customers. It has also been revealed that updates would be delivered to Enterprise customers differently as well.

Read more: Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year and other changes announced

badrobot, Jan 31, 2015

2. They won't get it for free, but they won't pay any addition costs for it either. Not if they are a software assurance customer.
    Microsoft Volume Licensing - Microsoft Software Assurance

Rights to new software releases during the term of your agreement at no additional cost

:)

alphanumeric, Jan 31, 2015
  3. Is Windows 10 only free for the first year.

Windows 10 will be free for the first year to all Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1 users.

Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year... [​IMG]

Wow, thats cool, but does that mean, I will have to pay for Windows 10 after the first year?

No. Its a promotion to get as many users to upgrade their existing Windows 7 PCs and Windows 8.1 devices to Windows 10.
    Once you upgrade, its yours forever at no additional cost. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    at no additional charge.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2015
  4. Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...

Is Windows 10 only free for the first year.

Original Title: Any Hidden Fees?

I read that windows 10 is only free for the first year. is this true?

Dilligaf6582, Jan 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...

1. Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year... - Similar Threads - Enterprise free

2. Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free: Hello everyone, I have Windows 11 Pro in a Workgroup-environment and I want to upgrade it to Windows 11 Enterprise.Is it possible to upgrade it to enterprise edation for free? Or should I buy an enterprise key. Is there a way to not lose my current Windows key after upgrading...
  3. Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free: Hello everyone, I have Windows 11 Pro in a Workgroup-environment and I want to upgrade it to Windows 11 Enterprise.Is it possible to upgrade it to enterprise edation for free? Or should I buy an enterprise key. Is there a way to not lose my current Windows key after upgrading...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise Free Trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise Free Trial: I am about to download the free trial iso file for the Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I would like to know what happens after the 90 day free trial, does it automatically deactivate the VM or should I do it manually somehow?...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise Free Trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise Free Trial: I am about to download the free trial iso file for the Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I would like to know what happens after the 90 day free trial, does it automatically deactivate the VM or should I do it manually somehow?...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise Free Trial

7. Windows Enterprise 10 LTSC 2021 90 Day Free Evaluation .....Expired Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Enterprise 10 LTSC 2021 90 Day Free Evaluation .....Expired Key: So, I go over to Microsoft's Evaluation Center and download their free Windows 10 LTSC 2021 Evaluation version to try out for my organization. After installation , I'm immediately greeted with your license has expired . I don't need a key to activate the trial edition , the...
  8. Windows Enterprise 10 LTSC 2021 90 Day Free Evaluation .....Expired Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Enterprise 10 LTSC 2021 90 Day Free Evaluation .....Expired Key: So, I go over to Microsoft's Evaluation Center and download their free Windows 10 LTSC 2021 Evaluation version to try out for my organization. After installation , I'm immediately greeted with your license has expired . I don't need a key to activate the trial edition , the...
  9. Windows Enterprise 10 LTSC 2021 90 Day Free Evaluation .....Expired Key

10. Question about the windows 10 Enterprise free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the windows 10 Enterprise free trial: So, i wanted extra security on my computer so i decided to install a virtual machine, problem is, the tutorial said to use the Enterprise free trial, and i am asking if you can get in trouble for not completing the form correctly since i just want to use the vm and i dont...