Windows 10: Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1703 installed on my computer, and, lately, it has been force installing these update to my computer: KB4022725... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WareNetwork3264, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer

I have Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1703 installed on my computer, and, lately, it has been force installing these update to my computer: KB4022725 and KB4025376 are the two updates, and, whenever I restart my computer, it gets to a certain point in the update, and, it tells me this:

"We couldn't complete the updates
    Undoing changes
    Do not turn off your computer"

It displays this message for quite some time until restarting! It repeats this process a few more times until it finally logs me in, but, when I log in, my Start Menu is broken! When I click on the button to open the start menu, it tells me this:

"Critical Error
    Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix this next time you sign in."

And there is a button telling me to sign out! So, I click the button to sign out, sign back in, and, to fix the start menu, I reboot the computer into safe mode and reboot the computer again into normal mode, but, I can't click on any icons in the search bar! So, I have to run Powershell as administrator and type in a command to fix that! I am sick of doing this and I do not want to update my computer! So far, I have went into Task Scheduler, went to the Reboot task in UpdateOrchestrator, and, disabled it, but, every once in a while, it would re-enable itself so I have to disable it, again! So, I took ownership of the Reboot file, renamed it to Reboot.bak and created a folder and named it Reboot to permanently disable it! I also stopped and disabled the Windows Update service and set my network as a metered connection, but, when I press the power icon in the start menu, it still shows Update and shut down and Update and restart! I just want to get rid of the whole entire update thing and keep me computer fixed! Can you please help me fix my computer?

:)

WareNetwork3264, Jul 17, 2017
  2. WP_921 Win User

Winow Fall creator update enables Graphic card driver that is disabled.

Hi,

I have MacBook Pro with bootcamp. My computer has broken AMD Radeon HD 6750M card. Driver for this card is disabled.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update during update is enabling disabled driver for AMD Radeon HD 6750M card. Finally my computer hangs , and after restart windows is restored to previous version.

Is there any option to force Windows 10 Fall Creators Update not to enable driver for my broken AMD Radeon HD 6750M card?

Regards,

WP.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

WP_921, Jul 17, 2017
  3. PolarPOS Win User
    Forced Upgrades

What is with these forced updates on Windows? I had multiple computers force upgrade to Windows 10, this resulted in broken network connections and various other issues. This is extremely unacceptable and makes me question the integrity of Microsoft. This
    approach is akin to malware.

PolarPOS, Jul 17, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer

First try running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt to check /repair your system files.

Steve C, Jul 17, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer

1. Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer - Similar Threads - Force Installing Broken

2. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  3. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  4. Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.: So please someone tell me why, since my log in today, I now have no option to shut down, but only to shut down with updating?For my own reasons and compatibility, I do not want this update as it will ruin some of my programs, literally. And I will keep my reasons at that.Here...
  5. Windows 10 update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update has broken my computer: Turn PC on, black screen. Hit spacebar all USBs turn off and on, then presented with black screen until I see a "Windows 10 updating 30%" pop up then entire PC crashes and the cycle continues. I've tried force restarting many times now, same issue prevails Can't even view...
  6. Latest update forced me to format my computer and install windows 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update forced me to format my computer and install windows 1909: Updated windows to the latest version yesterday. After this I started getting screen tearing in videos which is weird but I didn't necessarily blame on the update. The next occurence was that every single game began crashing withyn 5 to 10 minutes, followed by my display...
  7. Forced update wiped my computer.

Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  8. Windows update forcing broken drivers onto my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update forcing broken drivers onto my laptop: I've encountered this issue regarding the windows update and my Dell Inspiron. For some odd reason, people like me who have an AMD A6-6310 with Radeon R4 seem to have issues with the latest AMD Drivers. The newer drivers cause the entire pc to freeze up every few seconds....
  9. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  10. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...