Windows 10: Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.

Discus and support Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulieb, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Paulieb Win User

Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.

I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done everything I can think of to stop automatic windows updates because they chew up all my data allowance (win10 is updating as I type!)

I am absolutely appalled that MS have removed my personal choice to have or not have updates.However, I have one choice left. This will definitely be my last windows machine.

One final plea for any assistance as to how I can stop this? (I don't think it's possible because despite being on a metered setting, disabling programmes via the task manager etc, etc, the malware that is the update program continues apace.)

I'm seething as I write this!

Just one more thing, how much data does an automatic update use? One GB, two, more?

:)

Paulieb, Jul 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jul 3, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end. - Similar Threads - forced download wits

2. I Am At My Wit's End

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Am At My Wit's End: After digging through countless forums and help boards I cannot filter through or find anything relevant to my current situation. I got a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 a few days ago and set up a few things, nothing much. Just Steam, Tf2, Zoom, Minecraft, and a couple...
  3. AT my wits end with this mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AT my wits end with this mouse issue: y does my mouse not work since windows 10? requires 1 2 3 clicks to function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-my-wits-end-with-this-mouse-issue/072dc6b7-98d5-454a-9d0c-dde48cd963d5
  4. I am at my wits end..

I am at my wits end..: submitted by /u/TIWIMEISTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlypq3/i_am_at_my_wits_end/
  5. Constant BSOD - at my wits end

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD - at my wits end: Hi, Can someone please look at my minidump files and point me in the right direction here? dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkUVehxmeikB8TZCZS_rcFQniT2N?e=PZhmYf been getting ntfs.sys a lot of late but has also been others. i had changed my SSD, swapped memory...
  6. Im at wits end....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im at wits end....: Okay, I've been running NOX android emulator on my windows10 , Dell laptop for about a week with no problems. Then a few days ago, I started it up, and got a blue screen. ERROR VERIFICATION FAILED 15 ACCESS DENIED and in the middle of the screen, theres a little icon that...
  7. At wit's end

At wit's end: Ok, so a little while ago, I decided I want to get into game streaming. I'm a stay at home, disabled husband. I bought a decent pair of headphones, and a professional cardiodid mic. Everything worked perfectly - until today. Now, I can't get my mic to work with groups,...
  8. Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*: Hello, Long story short, I have been trying to update the various new updates since May this year! Everytime I get close it says I lose space so I tried to use an external hardrive - wouldn't accept it. I tried creating space - Still wasn't enough! I have done the...
  9. At my wit's end with my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At my wit's end with my internet connection: So, the TL;DR is that I'm having internet problems. I have a gig internet plan with Comcast, but my computer specifically is getting anywhere from 100-200 MBPS, even when I'm hardwired in. I had one of their techs come out to do a complete overview of everything, and...
  10. At Wits end

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At Wits end: Ok, things used to be so easy. I have three new or newer computers running windows 10 and avg internet security ultimate. I can't connect to other computers on network and am just about bald. I can see one computer but the laptop I can't. all settings are the same.. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im at my wits end with windows 10 1903 update error what cani do