Windows 10: Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.

Discus and support Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulieb, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Paulieb Win User

Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.

I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done everything I can think of to stop automatic windows updates because they chew up all my data allowance (win10 is updating as I type!)

I am absolutely appalled that MS have removed my personal choice to have or not have updates.However, I have one choice left. This will definitely be my last windows machine.

One final plea for any assistance as to how I can stop this? (I don't think it's possible because despite being on a metered setting, disabling programmes via the task manager etc, etc, the malware that is the update program continues apace.)

I'm seething as I write this!

Just one more thing, how much data does an automatic update use? One GB, two, more?

:)

Paulieb, Jul 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jul 3, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end. - Similar Threads - forced download wits

2. persistant issues wit windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    persistant issues wit windows 10: i have been having persistent issues with windows 10 pro, between getting the updates to updating drivers it has been a real nightmare. im the last week i have reinstalled windows at least 15 times due to it looping in BSOD and other critical errors, even the start up repair...
  3. At Wits end

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At Wits end: Ok, things used to be so easy. I have three new or newer computers running windows 10 and avg internet security ultimate. I can't connect to other computers on network and am just about bald. I can see one computer but the laptop I can't. all settings are the same.. I am...
  4. Windows 10 forced download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 forced download: I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done everything I can think of to stop automatic windows updates because they chew up all my data allowance (win10 is updating as I...
  5. Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end.: Hi all, I still haven't got the November update for windows 10. Ive recently signed up to seek advice. Windows update simply keeps saying the window 10 1511 has failed etc etc, so I tried the media creation tool which does its first step to 100% and then it disappears and...
  6. I give up....Please help....BSOD at my wits end...

I give up....Please help....BSOD at my wits end...: Where to begin? Well, I decided to upgrade my GPU's Drivers a few days ago, being as there was a new release. Then, I had the great idea of upgrading to Windows 10 right afterwards! (That was sarcasm, it was a bad idea. Now I can't pinpoint cause of crashes as easily.)...
  7. Regular BSOD - at wits end...

Regular BSOD - at wits end...: Hi, I'm attaching the diagnostic file to this post containing recent information about BSOD crashes. On both of my laptops that I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, these occur at least once daily when using these laptops. My desktop PC has been fine. However, these regular...
  8. I cannot fix the Windows 10 flashing screen. At my wits end

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I cannot fix the Windows 10 flashing screen. At my wits end: So I have a home built system that I had Windows 7 on. I did the compatibility test and it passed for 10, so I upgraded. After the upgrade, I would occasionally start getting the flashing screen. Sometimes it would last 20 seconds to 3 minutes or so. Sometimes it would go a...
  9. I'm At My Wits In On Upgrading to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm At My Wits In On Upgrading to Win 10: I'll explain.. About two weeks ago I went to turn on my HP p6750f desktop PC and things didn't work as before. It appears I had parts of a Windows 10 upgrade and some of the old Windows 7 Home OS. I tried for hours to get it working, but that didn't happen. So, I decided to...
  10. Will Win 10 be a forced download?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Win 10 be a forced download?: I apologize for this question but i have looked and cannot find the answer. Will Win 10 be a forced download. Will i have the option to install or not. [i hope this is the correct forum] thank you 8047