Windows 10: Windows 10 forced download

Discus and support Windows 10 forced download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Paulieb, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Paulieb Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done everything I can think of to stop automatic windows updates because they chew up all my data allowance (win10 is updating as I type!)

I am absolutely appalled that MS have removed my personal choice to have or not have updates.However, I have one choice left. This will definitely be my last windows machine.

One final plea for any assistance as to how I can stop this? (I don't think it's possible because despite being on a metered setting, disabling programmes via the task manager etc, etc, the malware that is the update program continues apace.)

I'm seething as I write this!

Just one more thing, how much data does an automatic update use? One GB, two, more?

:)

Paulieb, Jul 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jul 3, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 forced download - Similar Threads - forced download

2. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?: Fhyck you Microsoft. I don't want your phuckin edge updated and shoved back on my laptop you phucking **** leave my god damn pc alone. If I get so low as to want to use your trash @zz edge browser or even think of downloading it, I would unalive myself instead so I'd never...
  3. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?: Fhyck you Microsoft. I don't want your phuckin edge updated and shoved back on my laptop you phucking **** leave my god damn pc alone. If I get so low as to want to use your trash @zz edge browser or even think of downloading it, I would unalive myself instead so I'd never...
  4. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...: i am forced to sign in my microsoft email account in order to use my laptop. its an ACER . i have shunned away from microsoft products because of that villanious force feeding products down my laptops throat. why. just be an option and maybe people will like your products....
  6. man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...

man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...: i am forced to sign in my microsoft email account in order to use my laptop. its an ACER . i have shunned away from microsoft products because of that villanious force feeding products down my laptops throat. why. just be an option and maybe people will like your products....
  7. Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?

Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?: So I went to turn of my computer one night, and I see a 'update and shut down' option next to the normal 'shut off' option, I think why not... When I turn the computer on next day today I immediately realize it has downloaded Windows 11. I did not ask for this, I purposefully...
  8. Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?: So I went to turn of my computer one night, and I see a 'update and shut down' option next to the normal 'shut off' option, I think why not... When I turn the computer on next day today I immediately realize it has downloaded Windows 11. I did not ask for this, I purposefully...
  9. Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?: About a month ago my desktop computer downloaded an update for Windows 11 22h2 and asked me for a time to restart. I have a laptop that received the same update but had an option to stay on Windows 10. Earlier today I sucked it up went through the download and immediately did...
  10. Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?: About a month ago my desktop computer downloaded an update for Windows 11 22h2 and asked me for a time to restart. I have a laptop that received the same update but had an option to stay on Windows 10. Earlier today I sucked it up went through the download and immediately did...