Windows 10: windows 10 forced updates

Discus and support windows 10 forced updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just received news with regards to updates for windows 10. Microsoft are going to make these updates mandatory, you will be able to refuse them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by reevesofbath, Jul 20, 2015.

1. windows 10 forced updates

I have just received news with regards to updates for windows 10. Microsoft are going to make these updates mandatory, you will be able to refuse them, but should you wish to download further updates you will have to install the updates you have refused. also if you read the software licence you give Microsoft permission to install other apps like Bing. just wounded what the forums views are on this subject

:)

reevesofbath, Jul 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 forced updates

I'm using Windows 10 on a new HP envy. I use Cantabile music application to do live music performances on the digital organ at church. I use a personus studio 26 audio interface. I did some last minute checks at home and when I got to church, I was shocked
    to see that Cantabile would not recognize the audio device. What happened was, little did I know that while I was doing my last minute checks, windows 10 forced another update on me. When I got to church I found it had wrecked the audio drivers for the Studio
    26 audio device. I had no connection to internet and was unable to reload the drivers.

THANKS A LOT WINDOWS 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU RUINED MY PERFORMANCE. I'M CHANGING TO A MAC IMMEDIATELY. I CAN'T AFFORD TO OWN SOMETHING I CAN't DEPEND ON.

Terrence Lafferty

TerryLafferty, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Window 10 forced updates

Everything was working great after going back to version 1607 for around 24 hours then Microsoft forced version 1703 back on my computer again NO SOUND , CAN'T PLAY VIDEOS ,I called Microsoft Support after being on the phone and giving them remote access
    to my computer for over a hour . They tell me I need to buy a new laptop because mine isn't compatible with this version of Windows 10 , Really I have been running Windows 10 on this computer for about two years with no problems until Microsoft forces Version
    1703 on my computer but some how it is my fault or my computer is not compatible . Maybe Microsoft Support need to google "WINDOWS 10 , NO SOUND " and read the results of thousands of people having the same problem . I solved my problem , I ran a drive scrubber
    on the hard drive , 7 passes and removed everything especially WINDOWS 10 . I am now running Windows 7 and how nice it is to have control of what is downloaded to my computer and everything working again . I will never install windows 10 again nor will I every
    install Windows 10 on anyone's else computer , if they want Windows 10 they can take it somewhere else to get it done . This started the second week of November 2017 and it is now January 2018 and Microsoft hasn't done anything to solve the problem , and has
    taken away your option of not downloading a update or hiding a update . Microsoft you can have Windows 10 you are more concerned about collecting peoples data and selling it and tracking their every move than making a working Windows OS .

RobertFink1, Jul 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

windows 10 forced updates

Hello Reeves,

Just like in all previous Windows, some updates will require that others to be installed first. You should always install all important and critical updates to help keep your Windows patched and secured. Only the optional updates should be decided to install or not, but even then they usually should be installed as well.

By default, updates will be downloaded and installed automatically via Windows Update in Windows 10. Updates will not be automatically downloaded over a metered connection though.

However, you can use the tutorial below to set Windows Update to not automatically update.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Hope this helps, *Smile
    Shawn

Brink, Jul 20, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 forced updates

1. windows 10 forced updates - Similar Threads - forced updates

2. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  3. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  4. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does windows 10 force updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows 10 force updates?: It’s such a stupid feature. It was okay before for me when my laptop actually told me in advance that there was an update, now there’s no warning at all, I turn on my laptop one day and it starts ‘configuring windows’ so it’s obviously just updated, shut itself down, and I...
  6. Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?: My windows update for “2024-01 security update” keeps giving me an error when trying to update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-keeps-giving-me-a-system-error/e52fb430-3613-4fd5-942a-6ad4430d0bb3
  7. Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?

Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?: My windows update for “2024-01 security update” keeps giving me an error when trying to update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-keeps-giving-me-a-system-error/e52fb430-3613-4fd5-942a-6ad4430d0bb3
  8. Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I force update 23h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I force update 23h2: My new surface pro 9, after installing a bunch of updates, is still on windows 22h2. When I check for updates again, 23h2 popped up but briefly flashed an error and now it is gone. I have "get latest update as soon as possible" checked. How can I force it update to 23h2?...
  10. How can I force update 23h2

How can I force update 23h2: My new surface pro 9, after installing a bunch of updates, is still on windows 22h2. When I check for updates again, 23h2 popped up but briefly flashed an error and now it is gone. I have "get latest update as soon as possible" checked. How can I force it update to 23h2?...