Windows 10: Windows 10 freeze but not periodically

Discus and support Windows 10 freeze but not periodically in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Home is freezed unreasonably. Sometimes it could happen 4 to 5 times within half hour, but sometimes it may not freeze for whole day ( 12... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kongming, Apr 25, 2016.

1. kongming Win User

Windows 10 freeze but not periodically

My Windows 10 Home is freezed unreasonably. Sometimes it could happen 4 to 5 times within half hour, but sometimes it may not freeze for whole day ( 12 hours ).
    I think my PC desktop is hacked by unknown hacker? The hackers use 'kick' technique to freeze my PC desktop.
    How do I stop it? Installed a paid firewall or internet security.

Thank you.

:)

kongming, Apr 25, 2016

2. Edge crashing Windows 10 mobile

Lumia 950 on Windows 10 mobile When using Edge, the scrolling on the web page gradually over 10-15 minutes become jerky to the point it freezes. Sometimes it unfreezes after a period on time if left alone. You cannot
    use the phone as it freezes the entire phone. If you shut Edge down before it freezes it usually freezes the phone for a period of time when it shuts down. I have tried hard resetting the phone twice and switching off the sync, which has made no difference.
    Thanks

niall campbell morrison, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Emperor Win User
    Windows 10/Computer Freeze Up

My computer constantly freeze up for long and short periods; is it my computer or Windows 10 is the problem?

Emperor, Apr 25, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Start by going to your computer management & review the event viewer to see if there is any particular event shows up every time the freeze occurs.

To test your theory if this is happening via internet, try staying off the net for several hours & see if this freeze happens while not connected. If it happens while offline, then it's possibly software causing it or

Your options for running a malware scan should include Malwarebytes (the free version will work well), AdwCleaner & TDSSKiller to rule out the possibility of a rootkit.

A firewall is a good option and many Anti Viruses include them nowadays. There are free versions & paid versions. People have different opinions of what's considered good, but in the end it's up to you what you feel comfortable with. And remember, NOTHING gets all malware/viruses 100% of the time.

Borg 386, Apr 25, 2016
  5. kongming Win User
    After freeze, I have to reset the computer.
    I am using free Windows 10 firewall and Defender.
    My question is how hackers can get into my personal network without my consent?

kongming, Apr 26, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Are you sure there's no HW problem ?

CountMike, Apr 26, 2016
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    The most common way for this scenario to occur is to install a backdoor (although there are several other ways). This backdoor can be put in place by a program that was downloaded and had a program hidden in it to add this to your system. You may have downloaded this program either knowingly or unknowingly. This article will explain more.

Remove Backdoors removal instructions

Have you run any of the listed malware detection programs & if so, did they find anything?

Borg 386, Apr 26, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

It's highly unlikely (although possible) that you have someone controlling your computer. Based on what you describe, I would start with the scans @Borg 386 recommends, and then start troubleshooting for driver issues, and finally hardware issues.

Please post the results of your scans so we can assist you further.

simrick, Apr 26, 2016
  9. kongming Win User
    I am using AMD APU A6-3650. All are built-in sound card and display card.
    Clean installation Windows 10, device manager all drivers are installed. No hilighted devices problem occur.
    I think I have to install powerful Internet security or paid firewall.
    I use Catalyst driver instead of WDDM 2.0 which are recommended by AMD and Microsoft. Is this a problem?

kongming, Apr 26, 2016
  10. kongming Win User
    Could I use Internet security Kaspersky to scan the computer system to remove backdoor?

kongming, Apr 26, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Please run the three scans @Borg 386 recommends and post the logs.

simrick, Apr 26, 2016
  12. kongming Win User
    OK. Thanks.

kongming, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freeze but not periodically - Similar Threads - freeze periodically

2. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  3. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  4. ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. Nothing can be done at this point....
  5. ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :

ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. Nothing can be done at this point....
  6. ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. The reason and timing?... really...
  7. ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...

ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. The reason and timing?... really...
  8. laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens: i have an issue where my laptop is freezing and giving fps drop while gaming for some time and i got blue screens while gaming aswell.cpu: i5 7200Ugpu: amd r7 m340...
  9. laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens: i have an issue where my laptop is freezing and giving fps drop while gaming for some time and i got blue screens while gaming aswell.cpu: i5 7200Ugpu: amd r7 m340...
  10. laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 periodic video freeze jan 2019