Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes and black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes and black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop and welcome/login screen works very slowly but i've managed to wait it out. When my laptop finally logins i get black screen instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yekob, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Yekob Win User

Windows 10 freezes and black screen

I have a laptop and welcome/login screen works very slowly but i've managed to wait it out. When my laptop finally logins i get black screen instead of my desktop, all i can see and move is my mouse cursor.
    But when i Shift+Restart to boot in safe mode or restore pc data i get about 5 seconds of blue screen (that should be shown with all that troubleshoot and other icons) and then it turns to black screen and i can't do nothing. I tried to restart multiple times, but always got the same problem.

:)

Yekob, Jan 28, 2017

2. Black Screen and Freezing problem

Installed Windows 10 and is now running into issues. When my PC boots up, it sometimes either freezes with this black screen and movable cursor, freezes at lock screen or black screen after I log in, and mostly everything stops responding if it so happens
    to load my home screen. Any help with these?

John Eskee, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 startup freezing

Windows 10 on Lenovo Ideapad Z570.

Today my laptop randomly black screened. Now whenever i restart it it freezes on the first black screen with the spinning white dots. The white dots freeze too. I can load the laptop in safe mode but if i load the advanced boot options and select any options
    such as startup repair, the laptop instantly freezes so i have no idea where to go next please help

Daniel Walshaw, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Windows 10 freezes and black screen

Welcome to the TenForums @Yekob

Here are two threads, long in nature about possible resolutions from updating BIOS, tapping power button, changing screens etc.

Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen

Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

and there are more.

If you can't get it to boot from on board software do you boot media that you can invoke to get into Trouble shooting?

If not you could create. This tutorial shows you how to create. You don't want to do an install, rather you want to click on repair when it boots. You will have to get past first screen by clicking next to see the Repair option lower left.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

If you have secure boot enabled you will need to disable in BIOS. To create a USB key you need to be on a Win 10 machine, otherwise create an ISO.

If you haven't investigate please have a look at Macrium Reflect. There is a tutorial within the forum. It is free, reliable and a quick way to recovery from these things.

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes and black screen

1. Windows 10 freezes and black screen - Similar Threads - freezes black screen

2. black screen freeze on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen freeze on windows 11.: Since few weeks i have an annoying bug that happen at random like more or less once every weeki use my laptop to do random stuff surfing, watch video streaming, etc, and suddenly the screen turn black no text, no cursor, just a black background, if watching video at this...
  3. black screen freeze on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen freeze on windows 11.: Since few weeks i have an annoying bug that happen at random like more or less once every weeki use my laptop to do random stuff surfing, watch video streaming, etc, and suddenly the screen turn black no text, no cursor, just a black background, if watching video at this...
  4. Windows 10 install constant black screen freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 install constant black screen freezing: I built my 12th or so computer recently. I’m not a pro builder I’ve only built 3 in the last 5 years. I used an Asrock B560M steel legend with i5-11400. Power cooler 650w psu and 512 m.2 drive. Firstly the dram is not perfect. It won’t work in a1 or a2 slots so I can’t...
  5. Freeze and black screen

Freeze and black screen: I got a new motherboard Mask b450 tomohawk max And I paired it with ryzen 3 1200, rx570 4gb Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 3000mhz I used a fresh install of Windows using the tool Updated the pc and installed and updated every driver But be every now and again after about an hour...
  6. Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing

Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing: Hi, my HP Zbook Studio X360 has been freezing and getting random black screens for a long time, usually happening about twice a day. I found this report in the reliability history: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎10/‎27/‎2019 10:42 PM Status Report...
  7. Black Screen and Freezing

Black Screen and Freezing: Hello Long after startup when my computer is just running applications will suddenly be Not Responding and the screen will go black, but does eventually load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-and-freezing/69e80997-de94-4bcd-9daa-f5fb3415ea6c
  8. Black screen and freezes?

Black screen and freezes?: Other day was playing a game and all the sudden the screen went black and the keyboard froze. It was lit up but neither the numlock nor capslock would light up. Reset the computer and kept going into a boot loop. Was going to reinstall windows on a fresh install. Tried...
  9. Windows freeze then black screen

Windows freeze then black screen: Hi, Since yesterday, Windows (x64 Pro) keeps freezing with a black screen while gaming (I have to do a forced restart or shutdown), at random intervals of time, sometimes I can play for about 5 minutes, other times for about 40 minutes, other times for even more. Until...
  10. Black screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen freeze: When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button. I have all the latest drivers, did a...