Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes and crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes and crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the day I installed W10 (which was way back in September) I've been getting random freezes and crashes with buzzing noises. I've recently looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zablablukas, May 11, 2016.

1. Windows 10 freezes and crashes

Since the day I installed W10 (which was way back in September) I've been getting random freezes and crashes with buzzing noises. I've recently looked up some solutions and tried them all: changing my power plan settings, updating drivers, turning off most of the background software and others. This problem commonly happens when I play games and Skype with my friends (for ex. while playing Heroes of the Storm) the last crash happened like 20 minutes ago. Sometimes I get a blue screen saying CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I don't know if it's related to previously mentioned problem or a problem of it's own. My computer is a pretty beefy one it has 8GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 760, an i5 processor and other goodies. I would really be thankful if anyone could spare some time to help me! *Smile

Attachment 79507

UPDATE: Uploaded the attachment file.

:)

zablablukas, May 11, 2016
  2. canyon48 Win User

Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Just installed Windows 10 and am now having trouble with File Explorer freezing and crashing - - also, when I try to open Network and This PC - all freeze and crash my system

canyon48, May 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezes when I play games.

Recently I have had problems with windows 10 freezing randomly. So far I have not had it freeze since while doing normal activities, however, it still freezes when I play games. Specificly Minecraft. And this problem appears even more frequently when playing
    on the internet. Also minecraft crashes and gives crash reports (when the whole computer doesn't freeze). When I say freeze, I don't mean the game freezes, the whole computer freezes. Microsoft needs to fix this problem and take a look at the WHOLE windows
    10 software, because this is the 5th problem i've been faced with. If a microsoft official sees this, please take care of it. I bought a computer with windows 10 on it, so I cant go to previous windows. I am not happy with windows 10s performance.

The guy who needs an answer very badly, May 11, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 10 freezes and crashes

5. There we go. I've uploaded it. Hope it helps!

zablablukas, May 12, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Two most important information that i have obtained from the uploaded files:

First: This is a case of piracy.
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public:Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public[/quote] Second: As it is piracy, windows is not up to date.
    Code: Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240[/quote] A counterfeit windows install is supposed to cause issues by its own virtue; and it makes troubleshooting almost impossible. So you need to pay attention to it at first.

A clean install with a legit windows license will be good.

This is not a planned installation, too. Apparently you have installed whatever you have got.
    • Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite
    • Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Ultra
    Daemon tool is the most widely known BSOD causer. Windows 10 does not need it at all, windows explorer can open any sort of disk image itself. And you have two different versions of Daemon Tools.

I would also suggest to do the clean install rationally.

Actually, Stop 0x101 is a mostly a hardware related issue. The driver/software created hardware environment fits in its scope.

7. Okay. I'll explain why I used piracy in the first place. I had a legit version of Windows 7 Ultra and I wanted to upgrade, but whenever I did it resulted in an error so I decided to back up all my files and install W10 freshly, but when I did I was prompted to activate it even though I had fully licensed version of Windows 7. So I used KMS Pico to crack it and everything was ok. I'll uninstall DEAMON Tools then. Also, what do you mean by 0x101? I've recently updated all the drivers for my PC. Could that have caused it? Also to what hardware is it reffering to? What's the way on fixing it?

8. Windows 10 freezes and crashes

Oh and can DAEMON Tools cause a BSOD even if it is not turned on? Not even as a background process.

9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    You can turn off Daemon Tools virtual disk, but you cannot stop SPTD or dtsoftbus1 by doing so. So BSODs are all possible, always.

And, what is Windows 7 Ultra? I never knew about it.

When there was a legit Windows 7 installed on the system, there is no need to use KMSPico to active Windows 10. An upgradation will automatically be activated which will last forever for the device's life.

10. Oh sorry I meant Windows 7 Ultimate. My bad. As I said the upgrade always resulted in an error. I tried looking for ways on fixing it but nothing helped so I freshly installed W10 which resulted in me being prompted to activate it. After some time the update where you can use an old W7 or W8 CD key to activate W10 came out but it was too late.

zablablukas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes and crashes

1. Windows 10 freezes and crashes - Similar Threads - freezes crashes

2. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  3. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  4. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  5. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  6. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

7. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  8. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  9. PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files: Recently and out of nowhere, my PC has started freezing/crashing during regular use. My first instinct was a thermal issue, and I noticed the CPU was idling a little over 50C, so I took the AIO off, removed and replaced the thermal paste which was quite scarce, and tried...
  10. PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files

PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files: Recently and out of nowhere, my PC has started freezing/crashing during regular use. My first instinct was a thermal issue, and I noticed the CPU was idling a little over 50C, so I took the AIO off, removed and replaced the thermal paste which was quite scarce, and tried...