Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes login screen. Pretty sure Dual monitor problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes login screen. Pretty sure Dual monitor problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have been have issue when logging in everything will freeze cant input the password.. Sometimes just black screen.. I have noticed this when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mitch04, Aug 8, 2015.

1. mitch04 Win User

Windows 10 Freezes login screen. Pretty sure Dual monitor problem

Hi, I have been have issue when logging in everything will freeze cant input the password.. Sometimes just black screen.. I have noticed this when I Hooked my tv monitor up.. Since then I have been having issues starting the computer up.. I have to restart the computer a few times and take the tv cable out and will start ok...
    Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

:)

mitch04, Aug 8, 2015

2. GPU is fine.... Bios is fine.... Why can't Windows 10 detect my second monitor?

I have windows 10 64 bit home addition....

I am pretty sure that I have found my problem and it is a driver issue that windows has yet to fix... or from what I can find....

I am using Dual Link DVI cables for both monitors and an not willing to go to a single because my GPU and Monitors support them and are capable of running them fine.... Apparently there is an issue with Windows not supporting Dual DVI for Dual set up....
    is there anyway I can get a driver patch for that?

RolandNordin, Aug 8, 2015
  3. wildIshi Win User
    Win10 freezes about 1 minute after startup for 5 minutes

the problem persists

If I wait a while it freezes in the login screen, but if I login before that and then wait, it doesn't seem to freeze on its own, only when I start a program like chrome or steam, but not if I do nothing. This could just be coincidence though. The last time
    I typed away on the windows calculator and it did not freeze, but as soon as I opened chrome and clicked on a reddit post.

It is pretty random, but within like 5 minutes after boot up

wildIshi, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes login screen. Pretty sure Dual monitor problem

1. Windows 10 Freezes login screen. Pretty sure Dual monitor problem - Similar Threads - Freezes login screen

2. Dual Monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor problem: I’m running Windows 10, with a Dell computer. When starting the computer, the left monitor will come on faintly, flicker, and then go black. When the problem first started, reloading the video card using the key combination – Shift, Control, Windows Key and B would enable...
  3. Dual monitors problem

Dual monitors problem: Hello,I have purchased 2nd monitor for my laptop, running windows 11 pro.When I try to set different wallpaper according to every guide online, it doesn't allow me.Like I am going to Setting -> Personalization -> Background and when I right click on the picture that I want it...
  4. dual monitor problem

dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  5. DUAL Monitor problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Monitor problems: Hair Tearing Time I am having more issues getting dual displays to function properly on W10. It seems to be two fold. Resolution and PnP detection. Same two monitors on Win 7 machine work just fine. Here is the setup. 4 Desktops.3 run Win7 one runs Win10Startech KVM 4 port...
  6. Windows 10 freezing with dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing with dual monitor setup: Hello,I have had a recurring issue for a few months now that is occurring on two different systems. As the title of this post describes, both monitors freeze up and don't allow for me to shutdown Windows 10 properly hold down the power button until the computer turns off....
  7. Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen: When I turn on my computer, the windows start to load on my second monitor, but then the monitor freezes and just my main monitor works. I already checked my drivers, changed the config on the BIOS, but can't seem to make it work. Btw, when I go to Settings -> System...
  8. Dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor problem: Hopefully someone can help me with this, My main monitor is connected to the HDMI (GT 1030) My second monitor is connected to the VGA on my motherboard. Last night I got it to work by going to bios and changing the display to VGA first. So my dual screen was working fine....
  9. Problem with dual monitor screen resolution

Problem with dual monitor screen resolution: In Windows 10 with a IntelR Hd Graphics. Both are identical hp monitor with same 1920 x 1080 native resolution. When I extend the display, for some reason both monitors take on the primary monitor's native resolution, leaving black bars above and below the work area on the...
  10. dual monitor problem

dual monitor problem: I replaced a smaller monitor with a dell se2417hg monitor to match the first monitor. The computer will not recognize it, it shows up only as generic pnp, and even after going in and updating the driver, it will not give me the resolution option that I need to make the...