Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate?

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got an older Acer Aspire 6530 I was asked to install Windows 10 on for a friend. It's running Win10 Home 64-bit and is a fresh install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkstrike, May 5, 2016.

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate?

Hi all,

I've got an older Acer Aspire 6530 I was asked to install Windows 10 on for a friend. It's running Win10 Home 64-bit and is a fresh install. All works fine except if the computer goes to sleep, isn't touched for long enough and then goes into hibernate, when I wake it from hibernate, it ALWAYS freezes at the Windows Logo / spinning circle of dots screen and the only way to solve this is to hard-reset.

Is there something I can try to solve this issue?

:)

Darkstrike, May 5, 2016

2. Computer freezing after Upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional. Upgrade successful. Now computer freezes after completely booting up.

CarolCW_07, May 5, 2016
  3. windows 10 freezes

when i boot up my pc, windows 10 starts up but freezes just before sign in.

[Move from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

GarthMacGirr, May 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate?

That is typical for Hibernate. That problem has been around since XP SP3.

bro67, May 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate?

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate? - Similar Threads - freezes boot Hibernate

2. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  3. Windows 10 hangs from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hangs from sleep or hibernation: Windows 10 doesn't come up from sleep or hibernation. This is happening ever since some new updates were installed. many users in my office are struggling. pls help!!!...
  4. windows 10 freeze at boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freeze at boot: Windows 10 freeze at boot with no keyboard or mouse function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-at-boot/93b0a066-7347-431e-8a7e-b21cb3720bfe
  5. windows 10 freezes after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 freezes after boot: Hello, my laptop keeps freezing after booting up, and doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse commands. I can't enter safe mode since power button is missing from login screen. Is there any other way to enter safe mode or restore windows while it's booting? this problem...
  6. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation: For a long time I haven't rebooted my system, solely hibernated it. Today I rebooted it as part of an update install. Now every time I restore from hibernation the system reboots freshly. Additional details: For a while there seemed to be a problem with the screen driver...
  7. Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes

Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes: Since fixing my Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data issue, I've noticed that if I hibernate my PC instead of shutting down, it takes around 20+ minutes for it to restart. The circle of dots moves very, very slowly. While starting from hibernate, if I press the reset button,...
  8. hibernation and fast boot setup

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation and fast boot setup: I'm set up with high performance under power plan and my hibernation isn't working right. I set it up for 2 mins and it went into hibernate, after then hitting a key on the keyboard it started back up in post and shut down completely? Is this supposed to bring you...
  9. Cannot Boot from Hibernate

Cannot Boot from Hibernate: This is on a fresh Windows 10 install, using a 60 GB SSD and a pair of 1 TB HDD's. No folders were moved off the SSD (C:\) outside of what Windows supports. (That is, I moved all user folders to the HDD that I was allowed to, and installed all programs to the HDD that I was...
  10. Windows 10 freezes on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes on boot: When trying to boot into windows 10, it shows up with the normal logo and spinning dots. But now 2 dots will show up and freeze. All usb gagets loose power. Any ideas? 92943