Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been happening the past couple of years, and it's been annoying, but it's been happening a lot more frequently at least twice a day. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Justin_Me, May 21, 2024.

1. Justin_Me Win User

Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix

This has been happening the past couple of years, and it's been annoying, but it's been happening a lot more frequently at least twice a day. This issue almost exclusively happens when my PC is relatively idol, meaning it has never frozen when putting heavy load on the system such as playing video games. I can tell the system is frozen because the time in the bottom right has frozen, and the taskbar as well as windows are generally non-responsive. Sometimes streams I am watching will continue for a bit and lock up eventually. I have tried running the sfc /scannow scan and nothing showed up

:)

Justin_Me, May 21, 2024

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 21, 2024
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, May 21, 2024
  4. Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix

1. Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix - Similar Threads - Freezes Randomly force

2. Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix: This has been happening the past couple of years, and it's been annoying, but it's been happening a lot more frequently at least twice a day. This issue almost exclusively happens when my PC is relatively idol, meaning it has never frozen when putting heavy load on the system...
  3. Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes Randomly and only a force shutdown can temporarily fix: This has been happening the past couple of years, and it's been annoying, but it's been happening a lot more frequently at least twice a day. This issue almost exclusively happens when my PC is relatively idol, meaning it has never frozen when putting heavy load on the system...
  4. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  5. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  6. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  8. Laptop keeps freezing, only solution is to force shutdown

Laptop keeps freezing, only solution is to force shutdown: Recently purchased a basic laptop on ebay, its a hypa 14 with Windows 10 home, a pentium cpu, 4gb of memory and 64gb emmc storage. The issue I've been having is the laptop freezes constantly where the only solution is to hold down the power button to shut down the machine....
  9. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown: From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button. Whenever this happens I have noticed that the light on the laptop that shows disk activity goes completely off. (I have attached an...
  10. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...