Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes sometimes

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes sometimes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ill keep this as short as possible a couple of days ago i had this problem where my computer would be stuck on startup i couldnt do anything i had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChillyBoi, Mar 20, 2018.

1. ChillyBoi Win User

Windows 10 Freezes sometimes

Ill keep this as short as possible a couple of days ago i had this problem where my computer would be stuck on startup i couldnt do anything i had no backups or anything like that and any of the advance options i had wouldnt no anything, the only option i had was the "system image recovery option" and like i said i had no backups, so i took my brothers computer wich is the same one i have and made a system image from his computer and backed it up in a hard disk, i used that option and made a new windows with his, after it installed windows i formatted the computer, everything works but i have a couple of issues the laptop is now slower, but that aint the main problem sometimes when starting up the laptop it would either get stuck on loading at login or at the desktop after logging in, the only workaround that i found was that i could enter by clicking the settings and restarting it on startup and entering windows from there, after that the computer wouldnt hard freeze, but it still has a probability of freezing.
    Note: sometimes it also freezes if i click on multiple files at a time

Anyone know whats happening? Or any fixes?

*Oh and i can get in safe mode without any problems and it doesnt freeze at all, i have also defragmented my local disk

:)

ChillyBoi, Mar 20, 2018

2. pc slow typying and freezes after 10 update

After upgrading to Windows 10 my typing is very slow sometimes misses letters total or freezes. also mouse freezes too

KevinAlbin, Mar 20, 2018
  3. pc slow typying and freezes after 10 update

After upgrading to Windows 10 my typing is very slow sometimes misses letters total or freezes. also mouse freezes too

KevinAlbin, Mar 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Freezes sometimes

Hi ChillyBoi. Welcome to the TenForums @ChillyBoi

I would start with basic diagnostics memory and hardd rive. Windows 10 has a built in memory checker, you could also use memtest86.

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For hard drive I would start with chkdsk /f

Is reliability history reporting anything. Type those words in Cortana, should pop to the top. Concentrate on errors. Clicking on one should give details below.

If this yields nothing I think I would do a clean install. Lets see what diagnostics and or reliability history finds.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2018
  5. It is obvious that RAM or CPU usage on your PC spiked. To fix this problem, you would better enter safe mode and then run SFC with a minimal set of programs to find the problematic programs on your PC.
    Then uninstall these software in Control Panel.

rickchristine, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes sometimes

1. Windows 10 Freezes sometimes - Similar Threads - Freezes sometimes

2. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  3. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  4. Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.: As the title suggests, I've been so frustrated about this problem. I really don't know what is causing it. The green screen said it's caused by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and indicates issues with the driver ntoskrnl.exe. I hope someone could helpMinidump file:...
  5. Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.

Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.: As the title suggests, I've been so frustrated about this problem. I really don't know what is causing it. The green screen said it's caused by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and indicates issues with the driver ntoskrnl.exe. I hope someone could helpMinidump file:...
  6. Keyboard freezes for sometime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard freezes for sometime: I am currently using windows 11. My laptop's keyboard freezes for some second. After pressing a key, the keyboard doesnt work. After 2 second keyboard responds. The problem is show for two or three week....
  7. Keyboard freezes for sometime

Keyboard freezes for sometime: I am currently using windows 11. My laptop's keyboard freezes for some second. After pressing a key, the keyboard doesnt work. After 2 second keyboard responds. The problem is show for two or three week....
  8. windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...: I have recently updated windows from 10 to 11 and facing this issue of random freeze and restart. I performed sfc/scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but nothing happened. When I went in safe mode, I saw "ctfmon.exe Overrun of stacked based buffer." error....
  9. windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...

windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...: I have recently updated windows from 10 to 11 and facing this issue of random freeze and restart. I performed sfc/scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but nothing happened. When I went in safe mode, I saw "ctfmon.exe Overrun of stacked based buffer." error....
  10. My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly: Hello , my name is PayamIn last two month my pc got freeze and screen flashing randomly . and i have to force restart pc by hardware reset button. but in heavy duties like render or gaming there is no problem at all. it happens mostly in idle state or web browsing or...