Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes upon selecting print/ctrl p in any program

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes upon selecting print/ctrl p in any program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Ever since i upgraded to windows 10 pro, ive been unable to print because whenever i press ctrl-p, in any program like word, excel, pdf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wboy, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Wboy Win User

Windows 10 Freezes upon selecting print/ctrl p in any program

Hi guys,

Ever since i upgraded to windows 10 pro, ive been unable to print because whenever i press ctrl-p, in any program like word, excel, pdf viewer, anything the print dialog doesnt show up, instead the cursor changes to the busy sign and it just freezes there. i have to manually close the app via task manager. However, ive noticed on one occasion that if i wait really really long ( > 15 min) the print dialog eventually pops up. ctrl p works in chrome, but when it loads the default print dialog the same problem repeats.

Using system spec:

Item Details

Windows: Windows Version 6.2 (Build 9200)
    Internet Explorer: 9.11.10240.16384
    Memory (RAM): 8112 MB
    CPU Info: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
    CPU Speed: 2499.4 MHz
    Sound Card: Speakers (VIA HD Audio) |
    SPDIF Interface (TX0) (VIA HD A |

Display Adapters: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 | Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 | Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Monitors: 1x; Generic PnP Monitor |
    Screen Resolution: 1536 X 864 - 32 bit
    Network: Network Present
    Network Adapters: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller | VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1 | VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8 | Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter | Juniper Network Connect Virtual Adapter | Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter | Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter | Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter | Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    CD / DVD Drives: 2x (D: | G: | ) D: TSSTcorpCDDVDW SN-208FB | G: DTSOFT BDROM
    Ports: COM Ports NOT Present. LPT Port NOT Present.
    Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
    Hard Disks: C: 111.3GB | E: 931.4GB
    Hard Disks - Free: C: 38.7GB | E: 584.8GB
    USB Controllers: 3 host controllers.
    Firewire (1394): Not Detected
    Manufacturer *: American Megatrends Inc.
    Product Make *: W35xSS_370SS
    AC Power Status: OffLine
    BIOS Info: | |
    Time Zone: Malay Peninsula Standard Time
    Battery Status: High
    Motherboard *: Notebook W35xSS_370SS
    SM BIOS: 4.6.5

Help please *Smile

Thank you!!

:)

2. Windows 10 Freezes upon selecting print/ctrl p in any program

SFC does not work... Sometimes even a restart of the computer doesn't work but try going to processes and restarting (or stopping then starting again) the print spooler service... "Spooler". Get to it through Task Manager then the Services Tab.

coreyclark, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Freezes upon selecting print/ctrl p in any program

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us with the screen shot of System Properties.
    Press Windows key + X and click on
    System to open System Properties.

You can follow the steps given below to send the screenshots:

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information and result of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Trobus Win User

Hi There,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing.

Thanks

Trobus, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Freezes upon selecting print/ctrl p in any program - Similar Threads - Freezes upon selecting

2. When I click print, using any program Office, internet etc. the program I select to print...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click print, using any program Office, internet etc. the program I select to print...: When I click print, using any program Office, internet etc. the program I select to print in freezes. Printer options does not come up for me to select if I want to use a printer or print to PDF. I have tested my printer using my laptop and phone and it is working fine. Any...
  3. When I click print, using any program Office, internet etc. the program I select to print...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click print, using any program Office, internet etc. the program I select to print...: When I click print, using any program Office, internet etc. the program I select to print in freezes. Printer options does not come up for me to select if I want to use a printer or print to PDF. I have tested my printer using my laptop and phone and it is working fine. Any...
  4. When I click print, using any program Office, internet etc. the program I select to print...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Window 11 Freezes on any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 Freezes on any program: Hi AllI am having issues with Windows 11 freezing, and I can still move mouse, but it won't all to click or type on the keyboard. I have to alt crt delete and simple as doing that then cancelling not opening Task Manager frees the issue up. I have reduced screen Resolution...
  6. Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V not working in any program in Windows 10.

Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V not working in any program in Windows 10.: For a while now my Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V shortcuts for copy, cut, and paste have not been working. I can still right click with the mouse to use these function and other Ctrl functions such as Ctrl + A still work. I have tried updating my version of windows,...
  7. Windows just freezes for 10+ minutes upon nearly any interaction

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows just freezes for 10+ minutes upon nearly any interaction: Hello, thought I would get some second opinions on what might be going on here. So yes as the title suggests, at this point, any time I interact with systems directly related to windows 10, it locks up either indefinitely or for a long time. This includes things like opening...
  8. control p for printing

control p for printing: Control p is no longer working to print anything. I tried both of the control keys. Neither works. The control keys work for other functions, just not printing. I tried to update the driver as suggested. It says I have to latest one....
  9. Ctrl+P is not working

Ctrl+P is not working: Ctrl+P is not working. Other shortcuts are working fine, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+A. But Ctrl+P isn't working. It is not a particular application, it is not working in any application. Had the sticky keys off too, so no issue with the sticky keys. Tried uninstalling the drivers...
  10. unable to print-endless loop from Ctrl p to documents

unable to print-endless loop from Ctrl p to documents: I am not able to print anything since W10 lastest upgrade. I have done Restore/ Ccleaner/reinstall printer. When I do CtrlP it goes to the print page and when I click print it sends what I want to Documents. Then it wants me to name it and save it. So I do. Then I go to the...