Windows 10: Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.

Discus and support Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Take Spotify (desktop player app) for example. I have Spotify preferences set to NOT automatically start Spotify when Windows starts but Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajnicolo, Aug 15, 2018.

1. ajnicolo Win User

Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.

Take Spotify (desktop player app) for example.

I have Spotify preferences set to NOT automatically start Spotify when Windows starts but Windows 10 will open it automatically, anyway, after the system restarts. These restarts are due to Windows Updates but probably have no direct affect on this particular issue.

The PROBLEM: After the system restarts, Windows 10 automatically reopens various apps TOO SOON during Windows Startup and causes a conflict with Windows signing into ONEDRIVE (possibly), for example, and the system FREEZES and I have to power down and try it all over again. This time I have to sit through the entire process and watch for the apps to open so I can try to quickly close them before Windows 10 hangs/freezes.

This is incredibly aggravating.

Please resolve this annoying issue.

Thank you.

:)

ajnicolo, Aug 15, 2018
  2. ajnicolo Win User

Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.

Take Spotify (desktop player app) for example.

I have Spotify preferences set to NOT automatically start Spotify when Windows starts but Windows 10 will open it automatically, anyway, after the system restarts. These restarts are due to Windows Updates but probably have no direct affect on this particular
    issue.

The PROBLEM: After the system restarts, Windows 10 automatically reopens various apps TOO SOON during Windows Startup and causes a conflict with Windows signing into ONEDRIVE (possibly), for example, and the system FREEZES and I have to power down and try
    it all over again. This time I have to sit through the entire process and watch for the apps to open so I can try to quickly close them before Windows 10 hangs/freezes.

This is incredibly aggravating.

Please resolve this annoying issue.

Thank you.

ajnicolo, Sep 25, 2018
  3. ajnicolo Win User

Thank you but this does not resolve my issue.

I don't have time to run a utility before Windows 10 freezes.

Spotify (just one example app) isn't autorunning in this situation - Windows 10 is apparently trying to 'recover' an app and opening the app itself during the loading of Windows after a restart. Apparently it's a new feature of Windows but Windows isn't
    good at doing this, unfortunately.

I still have to watch and wait for Windows 10 to open the app during this process and quickly close it, manually, to avoid the inevitable system freeze.

Various apps are open by default because I don't close all open apps every time I step away from my PC and Automatic Windows Updates are meant to happen when my system is idle for the sake of
    MY convenience - the intent of which is much appreciated.

If Microsoft doesn't fix this issue then I have to manually manage Windows updates so that the system doesn't restart automatically and then close every single running app manually before manually restarting my PC. So I don't get to enjoy having Windows
    10 downloading and installing updates and restarting my system automatically when I'm away in bed or doing something else.

So this is a further PROBLEM because Windows Updates are so frequent and already often require some management due to failed updates that this becomes a constant irritation and I feel as though my PC and me work for Microsoft instead of the other way around.

ajnicolo, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES. - Similar Threads - FREEZES automatically reopening

2. How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?: Hi I've been trying to find a way to automate reopening windows after I restart the Windows and prevent resizing or repositioning of the windows that I left open. i've tried turning on the "automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign...
  3. How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?: Hi I've been trying to find a way to automate reopening windows after I restart the Windows and prevent resizing or repositioning of the windows that I left open. i've tried turning on the "automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign...
  4. How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Reopen all applications upon automatic reboot due to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reopen all applications upon automatic reboot due to Windows Update: Hey everyone. So Microsoft is doing automatic Windows Updates on my laptop every now and then and asks for a reboot. I understand the the updates are important. However I do strong multitasking, and typically have several desktops open with different programs, file...
  6. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  7. Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart: Hi, I am running the latest version of W10. I am on a ThinkPad W530 with 32GB of RAM. My privacy setting is set as per the screenshot below. I am unable to find an answer to this issue online. Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH] --Sherman *** Email address is removed for...
  8. Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

Disable reopening programs after windows update restart: Occasionally, a forced restart is happening on my Windows 10 computer. When the OS is restarted every program that I've had prior to the restart is reopened at startup. The programs are reopened like I would just double-click them. I usually hold 5-6 windows of Visual Studio...
  9. Windows 10 Updates Freeze After Restart

Windows 10 Updates Freeze After Restart: I don't know what to say except that people who work in Microsoft are bunch of retarded idiots. I just update Windows from 1709 to 1803 and didn't use computer 2 days he start to update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1803 KB4103721 and afteer I restart he update 30% and...
  10. Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart: How to: Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart How to Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart or Shutdown If you leave Firefox open when Windows shuts down or restarts, Firefox may automatically re-open with...