Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, A few weeks ago I recently installed Windows 10 onto my wifes Laptop. But last night during bootup of her Laptop it froze at the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IndieP, Sep 22, 2015.

1. IndieP Win User

Windows 10 freezes

Hi Everyone,
    A few weeks ago I recently installed Windows 10 onto my wifes Laptop. But last night during bootup of her Laptop it froze at the password screen. Clicking on the password box with the cursor had no affect, the password could not be typed in. The box did not even show the blinking verticle line that indicates you can now type in the password. I shut down and tried to reboot but the same thing happened. During a 3rd reboot, after the Windows start logo appeared on the screen, the whole screen just went dark. I also had a dark screen problem prior to activation after installing Windows 10, but once activated, I thought the problem was solved, but now it seems to have reappeared.
    Any ideas.

:)

IndieP, Sep 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Windows 10 freezes

You need to narrow it down to a hardware problem or a software problem. Get hold of a live Linux disk and see if that will boot up and run. If so, then it's likely a corrupt Windows file. A re-install or Windows repair may be required. If you get similar issues with the live disk, it's likely a hardware issue. Always good to have a Linux live disk (or bootable USB key version) lying around for test purposes.

Kanata, Sep 22, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
  6. IndieP Win User
    Hi Guys,
    I'm not sure what happened but I went into F2 (Setup) while booting to look at a few things and when I selected "Exit" and pressed "Enter" I was immediately taken to a point just prior to the password screen. A few seconds later the password screen came up, I entered the password with no problem. and the computer finished booting up. The rest of the evening my wife used the computer without any problems.
    Weird?

But thanks for your help.

IndieP, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes

1. Windows 10 freezes - Similar Threads - freezes

2. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  4. Change Default App freezes in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default App freezes in Windows 11: I have a brand new HP laptop. Every single time I attempt to change the default app to open a file, either through the system settings or right-click > Open with, my system freezes, usually requiring a reboot or at least a 5-10 minute wait.I don't have any extra anti-virus...
  5. Change Default App freezes in Windows 11

Change Default App freezes in Windows 11: I have a brand new HP laptop. Every single time I attempt to change the default app to open a file, either through the system settings or right-click > Open with, my system freezes, usually requiring a reboot or at least a 5-10 minute wait.I don't have any extra anti-virus...
  6. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. And it can freeze or bluescreen every 5 min, 30 times a day. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  7. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. And it can freeze or bluescreen every 5 min, 30 times a day. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  8. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  10. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...