Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since a few weeks I experience freezing of keyboard, mouse and display after approximately 2 hours of problem free usage. Have to switch of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Viktor SCH, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display

Hi,

Since a few weeks I experience freezing of keyboard, mouse and display after approximately 2 hours of problem free usage.

Have to switch of the pc power off and restart the system.

Event viewer shows no sign at all of what could have caused the freezing - no event at all for over 30 minutes prior to the freezing.

Events shown before have no relation to the problem.

What I noticed, for all the 5 to 10 times when this happend so far, is that I was using Edge. When using Firefox it did never happen.

This may be by coincidence but this is the only thing I can think of.

Anyone having any clue or hint most welcome

Viktor

I am using W10 pro ever since it came to life and all is up to date to the latest software version

:)

Viktor SCH, Jul 17, 2018

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jul 17, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display

1. Windows 10 freezing keyboard, mouse and display - Similar Threads - freezing keyboard mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: I have an HP 15s EG1000TX windows 11 16gb, i511 and I have a problem i. My laptop where the keyboard and mouse keep freezing from time to time like I sometimes use it for 8hrs straight and it freezers and other times it freezes right after I turn on the system. I had it...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Keyboard and mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freeze: Hello, I've finally upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. But there is a problem. While watching YouTube my keyboard and mouse randomly freezes. Never unfreeze. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating, deleting Chrome then reinstalling. This has never happened on Windows 7....
  7. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: Hey all, after some advice! New system, fresh install of win 10, after bootup all is great and after about 5 minutes, both keyboard and mouse freeze? Both are still showing powered and connected. reinstalled drivers, and clean re-install later. Same problem. Anyone...
  8. Keyboard, mouse, and display freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, mouse, and display freezing: I have a problem when I am trying to access an app or, while in an app where the mouse pointer will freeze and then after a few seconds will begin to move according to what ever moves I had done while it was frozen. Using the buttons on the mouse will also freeze then after...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard Freeze on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Keyboard Freeze on Windows 10: After auto update to version 1903 on 64 bit processor, the computer freezes when keyboard or mouse is left idle for 2 to 5 minutes. How do I resolve this problem?...
  10. keyboard and mouse FREEZED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and mouse FREEZED: Everytimes my system reboots or restart the computer, my mouse and keyboard are freeze up. The mouse and keyboard are plugged at the back of the port. I have to unplug and plug it at the front port, and then uninstall the driver, and then restart my computer. It will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. freeze screen monitor mouse keyboard

2. keyboard mouse freeze and video driver

3. why does my keyboard freeze

4. mouse/key board/display freezes,
  5. computer freezes mouse and keyboard,
  6. windows 10 mouse and keyboard freezing,
  7. Win 10 Pro mouse and keyboard freezing?,
  8. mouse and keyboard freeze up windows 10,
  9. why does the mouse freeze when typing,
  10. windows 10 mouse and keyboard freezes,
  11. windows keyboar and mouse freezing,