Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing/Locking up Laptop when idle.

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing/Locking up Laptop when idle. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I have my webcam security software running all day (12-hours), the laptop runs fine. But when I shut the software down and then leave the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoneZ, Sep 18, 2015.

1. BoneZ Win User

Windows 10 Freezing/Locking up Laptop when idle.

When I have my webcam security software running all day (12-hours), the laptop runs fine. But when I shut the software down and then leave the laptop idle, it locks up.

It also happens when I start the laptop up and just leave it sit idle. So far, there's no specific amount of time where the laptop will lock up. Sometimes it's been within 30 minutes or it could be several hours (maybe update is running). But it freezes every single day when just sitting idle.

This isn't the kind of lockup other people are reporting where they're still able to move the cursor, etc. I'm talking complete lockup. Time, mouse, keyboard. The entire screen is completely froze and the only thing that resolves it is a restart.

I have this laptop:

Amazon.com : Dell Inspiron 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop, i3147-3750sLV : Computers Accessories

I've checked my power options and I'm running in performance mode with everything disabled. That means nothing is slowed down or shut down while the laptop is running.

I've also checked every event in Event Viewer and there's nothing anywhere in there that would point to a possible cause.

:)

BoneZ, Sep 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 freezes, hangs after being idle.

Upgraded to Win 10 on 7/29/16. System was fine, now continually freezes, hangs, locks up when left idle. I have adjusted the power settings and screen saver without improvement. How doe get this OS to operate properly?

TGRocketbud, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 dowloaded When computer idle for a period...Freezes up must force shut down This didn't happen in Windows 7

Windows 10 downloaded - When computer at idle for a period of time - Freezes up and have to force a shut down

DavidBallentine_693, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Vincenzo Win User

You can search from Start for "Reliability History" and run it. See if it gives you any clues.

Vincenzo, Sep 18, 2015
  5. BoneZ Win User
    Thank you for your response, but that wasn't able to tell me anything.

BoneZ, Sep 18, 2015
  6. If you have a Logitech webcam and nvidea drivers,there is a known problem.Go to the nvidea website and search in Forums for nvlddmkm and a post by jimbonbon.If you do not have those two components,please ignore this suggestion.

joeandmarg0, Sep 19, 2015
  7. BoneZ Win User
    I do have a Logitech webcam hooked up to the laptop via USB. But nothing NVidia.

BoneZ, Sep 19, 2015
  8. Vincenzo Win User

I would go to Start and search "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and run it. It will reboot and run the test before Windows starts. Note: it is supposed to give you the results when Windows opens again, but sometimes it does not. I suggest watching the screen as it runs. It only takes a few minutes.

Vincenzo, Sep 19, 2015
  9. Vincenzo Win User
    Vincenzo, Sep 19, 2015
  10. BoneZ Win User
    Just wanted to give an update. Reinstalled 8.1 with all updates, then used the Media Creation Tool to install 10. Let it run for 24 hours and no lockup.

After I used a program called "ShutUp10" to turn off all the telemetry and "spy" garbage, that's when I got a lockup. I don't have the time right now to see exactly which turned-off setting caused the lockup, so I'm just going back to 8.1 and staying there for the time being.

BoneZ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Freezing/Locking up Laptop when idle. - Similar Threads - Freezing Locking Laptop

2. Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle: I ran every cmd command and nothing came back bad, i just factory reset and reinstalled windows , nothing seems to work , i updated my motherboard , i updated my GPU , idk what else to do? If I’m not playing a video game my pc will just lock up and freeze & i have to power it...
  3. Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle: I ran every cmd command and nothing came back bad, i just factory reset and reinstalled windows , nothing seems to work , i updated my motherboard , i updated my GPU , idk what else to do? If I’m not playing a video game my pc will just lock up and freeze & i have to power it...
  4. Computer freezes & locks when using windows or idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 freezes when idle

Windows 10 freezes when idle: Hello all,My Pc freezes when it is idle and I have to hit the physical button to re-start it. When it is in the state of freezing I remark that the fans are running at high speed. when I check events there are many errors:Essent error event ID 623EventLog error event ID...
  6. Windows 10 freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes when idle: Well, I am one more that have this problem.Sofar:Completly new installation from scratchAll settings in power set for maximum performance, no sleeep etcC-state in Bios disabled.IMI set for no sleep in Devmgr.However when I launch powercfg in a comand window, it says that...
  7. Windows 10 Home freezing when idle

Windows 10 Home freezing when idle: My PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit keeps freezing when it is idle. I do not have any issues while I am using it. I have run hardware tests, disk checks and system checks. I cannot find any issues. I changed my power settings not to shut off anything hardware except put my...
  8. Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

Laptop freezing when idle - while charging: I have had an Acer Aspire ES1 - 533 specs: processor - intel pentium R; CPU N4200 @ 1.10ghz RAM - 8.00GB Windows 10 OS 64bit Graphics type - Intel HD 4000 Hard disc space - 1TB since June 2017 I've recently ran into a problem when charging the laptop, it seems to...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts

Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts: Hi guys. Just like to ask some help to fix my faultering Windows 10. What happened is that when I take a break from my computer, my PC freezes and then restarts by itself. There was once when after my PC froze, instead of restarting by it's own, was proceeded by a blue screen...
  10. Laptop hangs up when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop hangs up when idle: Hi, My laptop casually hangs up when I am not using it for example it is on stand by, the moment I use it again it hangs up. Performed tweaks but the issue remains it was after an update and it went like this. Any recommendation on this one? Thanks, Mike 114178

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer locks up when idle

2. windows 10 freezing when left idle

3. surface freezes when idle

4. windows 10 laptop freezes while idle,
  5. windows 10 left idle freezes,
  6. windows for workstations 10 freezes on idle,
  7. Laptop hangs while idle,
  8. acer machine locks up when sitting idle,
  9. computer locks up when sitting idle,
  10. idle laptop hangs,
  11. windows 10 locks up when idle,