Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past couple of months, my machine has been experiencing persistent freezes. What happens is that while in the middle of doing something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Conrad_Smith, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code

For the past couple of months, my machine has been experiencing persistent freezes. What happens is that while in the middle of doing something (gaming etc.) the mouse will stop moving, the screen locks, and then a few seconds later the monitor goes into sleep mode. The computer keeps running, but nothing will wake the screen, and I am forced to switch off and then on again. This cycle can go on for 5 or 6 occasions in quick succession, or just the once, and then the machine will work ok for a while.

What have I tried to do?

In the Events Viewer, the persistent error entry relates to Code 10016 DCOM. In researching this, it didn't appear this could cause the crashes / freezing, but I took steps to solve the issue by modifying the permissions in Component Services. Now although I have done this for the user identified in the error message, a number of times, the freezing continues.

I also carried out a 'Refresh' of my system, using the tools in Windows 10.

I checked the integrity of my SSD system drive, and it's all good.

Am I missing an error code, or message, and being led astray by the 10016 error reported in Events Viewer? Should I be looking elsewhere for the cause of the issue?

It all seems to have started since the April update.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Regards,

Conrad.

:)

Conrad_Smith, Jul 19, 2018

2. Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows 10 Stop Code Blue Screen of Death

Hi Truth_X_ile,

A faulty memory, system service or driver code are some of the possible causes of the blue screen error, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    link
    to resolve blue screen issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Roan T Win User

Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code

1. Windows 10 Freezing - no blue screen - no error code - Similar Threads - Freezing blue screen

2. freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error: my MSI laptop with Ryzen 7 just keep freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error each time !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-and-restarting-with-blue-screen-and/add8b0e2-5c59-4465-9481-ce55a55e96b2
  3. freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error: my MSI laptop with Ryzen 7 just keep freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error each time !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-and-restarting-with-blue-screen-and/add8b0e2-5c59-4465-9481-ce55a55e96b2
  4. Error Code Blue screen

Error Code Blue screen: My desktop keeps running into the same problem it will either blue screen and show me an error code or it will say there gfx.exe update failure. Any information that can help is greatly appreciated....
  5. Blue screen error code.

Blue screen error code.: There was some power outage and my laptop went off,on switching it on it displays a blue screen with a error code and says,your pc encountered a problem we will restart it for you then it goes off,on a second start up it gives four options,press nter to try again,escape,F8...
  6. Blue screen error code.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error code.: There was some power outage and my laptop went off,on switching it on it displays a blue screen with a error code and says,your pc encountered a problem we will restart it for you then it goes off,on a second start up it gives four options,press nter to try again,escape,F8...
  7. blue screen error code

blue screen error code: My window have the following problem. The error code is "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". I can not find any solutions for this error code. How can I solve this error? [IMG]...
  8. Blue screen error code?

Blue screen error code?: I just got the error code kinoivid.sys in a blue screen I played Mordern Warfare and watched Yt I have a GTX 1070, an I7 8700k and 16GB Ram Blue Screen fehlercode?
  9. computer freezes blue screen Error code 42125

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer freezes blue screen Error code 42125: Hi have been having a blue screen problem twice and freezing of functions and browsers intermittently I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Windows version 1809, build: 17763 Hardware: M18xR2, Alienware CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-3820QM CPU @ 2.70GHz Intel8664, level: 6 8...
  10. Blue screen error code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen error code: My laptop is repeatedly shutting down. A blue screen first appears with: Netwtw06.sys Please advise on solution to resolve. Thank you, Tony *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...