Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing Randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing Randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I recently upgraded to Win 10 from 7. After the upgrade I am experiencing random freezes that require me to do a hard shutdown to get going again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by javail, Dec 20, 2015.

1. javail Win User

Windows 10 Freezing Randomly

So I recently upgraded to Win 10 from 7. After the upgrade I am experiencing random freezes that require me to do a hard shutdown to get going again. The freezes seem to only happen when gaming or watching videos. All of my drivers are up to date and I have run all of the disc cleanup junk.
    System Spec

Computer typeWindows 10 Freezing Randomly :pC/DesktopOS:windows 10CPU:AMD FX 8350 BlackMotherboard:Asus M5A97 LE R2.0Memory:8GB Corsair VengeanceGraphics Card(s):Asus R9 270X

:)

javail, Dec 20, 2015
  2. Little.star, Dec 20, 2015
  3. patricjr Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes Randomly

my windows 10 freezes randomly in a dell insperon 15 300 series

patricjr, Dec 20, 2015
  4. lmaneke Win User

The R9 270X has driver issues with Windows 10. The new Windows 10 version 1511 has so many bugs as well. I have Windows 10 version 2907 10240, which is the original release.

If you had no problems with Windows 7, I recommend you revert back.

Click start
    Click settings
    Click on update and security
    Click on recovery
    Click on go back to Windows 7

Your computer will be restored back to Windows 7 back the way it was before the upgrade.

After reverting, search for Windows 10 version 10240. That version is much better as of right now.

lmaneke, Dec 21, 2015
  5. lmaneke Win User
    If you used disk cleanup to remove previous Windows Installations, you won't be able to go back.

lmaneke, Dec 21, 2015
  6. javail Win User
    Thanks for the info... this was getting rather annoying. I had the foresight not to allow it to delete old installation files so reverting shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again

javail, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Freezing Randomly - Similar Threads - Freezing Randomly

2. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  3. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  4. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  5. Random screen freezes in idle time

Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  6. Windows 11 freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing randomly: The desktop sometimes keeps freezing probably once a day. It can happen when I am using Chrome or Zoom. I can move the mouse but cannot control the Chrome window or click the buttons in taskbar. The only thing I can do is hard reboot.Things I have tried: Open Event Viewer,...
  7. Windows 11 freezing randomly

Windows 11 freezing randomly: The desktop sometimes keeps freezing probably once a day. It can happen when I am using Chrome or Zoom. I can move the mouse but cannot control the Chrome window or click the buttons in taskbar. The only thing I can do is hard reboot.Things I have tried: Open Event Viewer,...
  8. Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error: Hi there,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 with Windows 11 Pro latest: 10.0.22631 Build 22631 running on it. For months I have this problem where almost all my open applications freeze, meaning it opens from the tray, but I can't interact with it at all e.g. Slack, Chrome,...
  9. Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error

Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error: Hi there,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 with Windows 11 Pro latest: 10.0.22631 Build 22631 running on it. For months I have this problem where almost all my open applications freeze, meaning it opens from the tray, but I can't interact with it at all e.g. Slack, Chrome,...
  10. PC rebooting randomly. Screen freezes and then goes black with a reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC rebooting randomly. Screen freezes and then goes black with a reboot.: Here is 2 event logs- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level>...