Windows 10: Windows 10 freezing up when not in use.

Discus and support Windows 10 freezing up when not in use. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 desktop is freezing up when I am away from it for awhile. It can be as little as 20 minutes that I am not using it and I'll come back and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klef25, Aug 23, 2018.

1. klef25 Win User

Windows 10 freezing up when not in use.

My Windows 10 desktop is freezing up when I am away from it for awhile. It can be as little as 20 minutes that I am not using it and I'll come back and it won't respond. Initially, it had gone to sleep and when I would try to wake it, the screen would turn back on the the logon background would be visible with a moveable cursor, but no text would be visible. I could move the cursor all around, but could not login. When I rebooted (powered off by holding the power button in), it worked fine for a few hours and did the same thing. Today, I turned off sleep, but when I came back to it, it was frozen. The cursor would not even move at first. Then the cursor would move, but became the spinning wheel of death whenever I would click on anything. I tried ctrl+alt+del, with no response (tried the same thing when it was stuck at login). At one point, a new "process" item appeared in the taskbar for "Pages unresponsive," but I still can't click on anything. A couple of weeks ago, this computer froze and would not boot, so I reinstalled Windows from scratch (it could repair anything). I have a new SSD as the system drive as of a couple of months ago because the HDD failed (I'm assuming that's what happend because it became repeatedly un bootable, however checkdisk was never able to find any errors on it). How can I figure out what is making the system freeze?

:)

klef25, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezing up when not in use. - Similar Threads - freezing

2. Computer freezes during initial boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during initial boot: Hello,I have purchased some new computers for a company that I work for. They have been starting to give problems where it takes about 5-10 minutes to boot up and get to the log-in screen. I have attached a link to the memory dump files if anybody can take a look. Thank you!...
  3. Computer freezes during initial boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes during initial boot: Hello,I have purchased some new computers for a company that I work for. They have been starting to give problems where it takes about 5-10 minutes to boot up and get to the log-in screen. I have attached a link to the memory dump files if anybody can take a look. Thank you!...
  4. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  5. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  6. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?: My computer has been freezing and glitching for I think about two months now. At first, it wasn't that severe, it was random and occurred only once when opening my computer. As time goes on, it worsens. It will sometimes freeze and glitch twice when my computer is open. I...
  8. What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?

What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?: My computer has been freezing and glitching for I think about two months now. At first, it wasn't that severe, it was random and occurred only once when opening my computer. As time goes on, it worsens. It will sometimes freeze and glitch twice when my computer is open. I...
  9. How to fix computer from freezing every time time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix computer from freezing every time time I turn it on.: Hello, I am on a Windows 11 with a Legion Computer and NVIDIA LG Monitor. My issue has been going on for a year and I've ignored it for a while because I didn't know how to fix it. Every time I start my computer, it freezes after a couple of seconds or minutes, and then, I...
  10. How to fix computer from freezing every time time I turn it on.

How to fix computer from freezing every time time I turn it on.: Hello, I am on a Windows 11 with a Legion Computer and NVIDIA LG Monitor. My issue has been going on for a year and I've ignored it for a while because I didn't know how to fix it. Every time I start my computer, it freezes after a couple of seconds or minutes, and then, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer freezes if not used

2. windows 10 freezes when not using

3. windows 10 freezezs if not using

4. kb4462919 freezing computer