Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezing when plugging in 2nd monitor.

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezing when plugging in 2nd monitor. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So to start this off earlier today I overclocked my 2nd 60 Hz monitor to a refresh rate of 72 HZ which was stable and I was playing games throughout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jcorella17, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Freezing when plugging in 2nd monitor.

So to start this off earlier today I overclocked my 2nd 60 Hz monitor to a refresh rate of 72 HZ which was stable and I was playing games throughout the day. I left my PC alone for a bit and as expected I came back to it in sleep mode, when I attempted to wake it up by moving the mouse/pretty keys nothing happened so I was forced to hard reset.

When my PC boosted back up everything seemed fine but after the windows logo it froze on a black screen, so after a couple reboots later of switching things around I unplugged the monitor that was overclocked and it booted into windows just fine, so I'm assuming it's the monitor.

So I need to change this monitor back to 60 Hz but the only way to access the display settings is to plug it in but if I do plug it in my whole PC becomes a brick (even if it's already booted the mouse and keyboard will stop responding when I plug it in and I will need to hard reset.)

TL;DR:​ how can I reset the display properties of a monitor that's not plugged in.

:)

Jcorella17, Jun 23, 2017

2. Dual monitors now working correctly

When i plug in up my 2nd monitor the 1st monitor turns on and off, I am unable to do anything to get it stop I must unplug 2nd monitor. 1st monitor is connected with VGA 2nd monitor is connected with DVI worked great until I went to windows 10. Please
    help

MC-CKCogar, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update help

Also it was windows 7. First when it downloaded 10, it showed a black screen then I plugged in another monitor and then it showed up. I closed out the 2nd monitor, as this is a laptop, then the endless rebbe restart thing happens over and over.

Bonniqua4411, Jun 23, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Freezing when plugging in 2nd monitor.

Did a clean install of my current Nvidia driver & it cleared the custom Nvidia 72 Hz preset.

Jcorella17, Jun 23, 2017
  5. kimkl Win User
    Every Monitor has a reset button all it needs is power, no need to connect it to PC if yours does not then your a brave man overclocking your old junk screen because most new /10 years and forth) have a failsafe so you do not damage it *Biggrin

kimkl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezing when plugging in 2nd monitor.

1. Windows 10 Freezing when plugging in 2nd monitor. - Similar Threads - Freezing plugging 2nd

2. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  3. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  4. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  6. Suddenly when 2nd monitor is connected 1st monitor freezes

Suddenly when 2nd monitor is connected 1st monitor freezes: I have, for quite some time, been using two monitors. The primary one being a 32in TV and the second one being a 24in monitor. The primary one is connected to my pc by DP to HDMI; the secondary is connected by VGA. Recently, when I booted everything up in the morning the...
  7. Excel documents hanging / freezing on 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel documents hanging / freezing on 2nd Monitor: Currently working from home using a laptop also connected to a 2nd monitor via HDMI. Every time I work on an excel document using the 2nd monitor the programme starts flickering, hangs and freezes, affecting all documents on both monitors. Re-start of the programme...
  8. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  9. 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

2nd and 3rd monitors freezing: I'm on the latest Windows 10 version. At random times (normally after leaving the computer in sleep mode) my 2nd and 3rd monitors freeze up, resulting in static images of what's there. I can still (somewhat) do things on them, but they mostly remain frozen. For example, I...
  10. Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor: I am having a rather large issue with Windows 10. For some reason when I plug in my HDMI for my 2nd monitor all of the icons and the taskbar immediately shift to that monitor. This is because I have it set as the "primary" monitor, but I want the taskbar and icons to stay...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor freezing on windows 10

2. plugging in second monitor freezes computer

3. when i plug in my second monitor te other monitor freezes

4. edge scrolling secondary monitor freeze,
  5. win10 freezes 2nd monitor,
  6. computer freezes when i plug in third monitor,
  7. windows 10 second monitor freezes in extend,
  8. second monitor freezed windows 10,
  9. windows 10 mouse freeze when second monitor connected,
  10. plugging in second monitor freezes display windows 10