Windows 10: Windows 10 frequent BSOD's

Discus and support Windows 10 frequent BSOD's in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a PC that was experiencing occasional BSOD's and lately (last few weeks) its gotten worse. This PC is primarily used by a family member to game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aargos, Jul 20, 2018.

1. aargos Win User

Windows 10 frequent BSOD's

I have a PC that was experiencing occasional BSOD's and lately (last few weeks) its gotten worse. This PC is primarily used by a family member to game on but its used for general use also. The errors were not always the same. Sometimes it would be 'Kmode exception not handled' , or 'system thread exception not handled', and others. The BSOD's would occur at any time, sometimes just sitting at the desktop doing nothing (no game or app running)

I updated everything. No change. I started to remove things one at a time (like 3rd party antivirus, etc) but it wasn't helping so I decided to do a wipe of the OS (I was thinking it may have been file corruption somewhere). I booted into Recovery and chose to Reset my PC, and chose 'Remove everything'.

Here is some system info (system is nearing 4 yrs old)

MB: Gigabyte F2A88XM-HD3 with latest available BIOS

CPU: AMD A10-7850k (using integrated graphics with latest drivers)

Win 10 build 17134

16GB RAM

I've come here because I did a clean install as noted above & minutes after install completed (took about 2 hrs) I went to reboot the machine and it BSOD'd before I could finish clicking. This is before I installed anything else. It has since BSOD'd many times before I installed any driver or anything else, just with base windows.

I ran today the memory diagnostic (I was beginning to think some component failure), I did the extended test with 8 passes. Took about 5 hours to run. No issues with memory detected. I don't know what else to try short of buying new components.

:)

aargos, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Frequent BSOD since forced Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What are the changes or troubleshooting steps you have make prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest to refer the suggestion given by Zigzag3143, dated july 26, 2013.

Refer the link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

For more information, refer the link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 frequent BSOD's - Similar Threads - frequent BSOD's

2. Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY beAn attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The...
  3. Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY beAn attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The...
  4. Please Help! Why am I Frequently getting BSOD all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.: I've been getting very frequent bsods, especially when I load up intensive games like helldivers 2 and r6. It crashes when using any application and it crashes at random times. It crashes faster when I load intensive applications though. I have ran sfc /scannow, memory...
  6. Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.

Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.: I've been getting very frequent bsods, especially when I load up intensive games like helldivers 2 and r6. It crashes when using any application and it crashes at random times. It crashes faster when I load intensive applications though. I have ran sfc /scannow, memory...
  7. Frequent Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Intermittent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XfIrCSysB1a6_o4T4MwdNzleoy4ipsaH/view?usp=sharingMinidumps for last 5 crashes linked, I believe all while running Driver Verifier. I have had other error codes in the past but the minidumps have been overwritten Secure kernel error, Page fault...
  8. Frequent Intermittent BSOD

Frequent Intermittent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XfIrCSysB1a6_o4T4MwdNzleoy4ipsaH/view?usp=sharingMinidumps for last 5 crashes linked, I believe all while running Driver Verifier. I have had other error codes in the past but the minidumps have been overwritten Secure kernel error, Page fault...
  9. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  10. Random and Frequent BSOD

Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...