Windows 10: Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot

Discus and support Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys , I recently formatted my SSD because of problems in my Windows 10 . I did as ever. Start the installation of Windows , chose the disk,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FYGonzalo, Jun 11, 2016.

1. FYGonzalo Win User

Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot

Hey guys , I recently formatted my SSD because of problems in my Windows 10 .
    I did as ever. Start the installation of Windows , chose the disk, delete all partitions, created partitions again and choose to install Windows 10 .
    Now I have very long boot and shutdown time(at least 2 mins), I don't know what's going on, I have formatted this SSD many times and never had this problem.
    From yesterday, I've formatted again like 2 times and the problem still there.

I don't know what to do.

My computer specs:
    AMD FX 6300
    ASUS M5A97 R2.0
    SAPPHIRE R9 270X 4GB
    RIPJAWS X 2X4GB
    SANDISK 128GB SSD
    HDD 160GB

This is my event log:
    Thank!

:)

FYGonzalo, Jun 11, 2016

2. (Very) slow boot - Windows 10 on a PCIe Toshiba SSD - Xiaomi Notebook Air

Hi Andi,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect configuration of the BIOS. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Were you able to configure the BIOS of your motherboard in order for the
      PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) SSD
      to work properly as a primary booting device? Kindly provide us the steps you took in configuring your
      PCIe SSD.

Also, kindly provide us the specs of your Xiaomi Notebook.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Very slow boot time with Windows 10 Pro on SSD

The problem is resolved. My laptop got quicker over a few days and now the total boot time from switching on, POST and Windows start up is 20-25 seconds. Disabling ULPS was the answer for me.

Super Graham, Jun 11, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi FYGonzalo and welcome to Tenforums.

Did you have the mechanical spinner attached to the system when you installed Windows 10? If so, it's possible some of the boot files were written to it.

Also, have you tried turning off Fast Startup and giving it a few real shutdowns?

simrick, Jun 11, 2016
  5. FYGonzalo Win User
    Nope, the HDD wasn't connected when I reinstalled Windows.

I tried once turn off the Fast Boot, startup and shutdown were faster, but the PC froze on the desktop when you start, at least 2~3 minutes (almost the same time it takes to start when the fast boot is enabled ).

Note: I have disabled Superfetch because of disk usage, this service hangs up the PC.

Note 2: I am on Windows Insider program since 2 or 3 weeks, I will try leaving it

FYGonzalo, Jun 11, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Might want to try the install again only this time, after you delete all partitions, don't create any, just click Next and let the install create what it needs.

Ztruker, Jun 11, 2016
  7. FYGonzalo Win User
    Ok, I have installed windows one more time and disabled fastboot & superfetch, now boot and shutdown times are very fast but I still have some random freezes during use (when I open notification panel, task manager).
    Should I run windows check disk? Maybe my ssd is broken..

I executed sfc /scannow and this is the report:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzsyth36ydmktpb/CBS.log?dl=1

Maybe my win 10 usb installer is bad? I downloaded the iso using media creation tool.

FYGonzalo, Jun 11, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Would you please run this at an admin command prompt and upload that here? It will grab only what we need to see. Thanks.
    Code: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"[/quote]

simrick, Jun 11, 2016
  9. FYGonzalo Win User
    Oh guys I feel stupid, seems like my SSD was not properly connected.
    I changed the sata cable and reconnected the power cable and now works like a charm!

Sorry and thanks!

FYGonzalo, Jun 11, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    No apologies necessary. Glad you got it sorted. Cheers! *Smile

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot - Similar Threads - fresh install SSD

2. Windows 10 Boot Very Slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Very Slow: I installed windows 10 on my laptop yesterday and Booted it. It literally took 1 and a half hour just to boot and show the desktop. I thought it was only for the first time but no.. I started it for like 15 times now but still it takes 1 hr just to boot. At first it shows a...
  3. Windows 10 very slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 very slow boot: Windows 10 version number 2004 (OS build: 19041.804) Hello, I have been experiencing a very slow boot for my laptop for some time now, where in a good day it takes around 20-30 minutes but sometimes it can take even 2 hours! The laptop stays in black screen for that time...
  4. Very slow boot (even after replacing ssd)

Very slow boot (even after replacing ssd): So I had this problem for a while now, boot takes very long time. I thought it was my SSD starting to die out, So I bought a new one, NVME this time Samsung 970 EVO Plus, I cloned my old ssd to the new one, and now using the new one instead for operation system, and still...
  5. Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+): Hi, I have been experiencing delayed boot times on my PC for a while and decided to just do a factory reset in hopes of remedying the issue. The issue still persists so I am seeking @zinou 's help in analyzing the ETL Boot Trace file after reading multiple threads on here...
  6. Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.: So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I would just do a clean install, do all the updates and hopefully all would be good. After the last updates, I got my wish and it...
  7. Very Slow Boot on Windows 10

Very Slow Boot on Windows 10: Hi Guys I have been reading similar threads regarding slow boot on Windows 10, and i was advised to start a new thread. I was having the same problem, and tried pretty much all the 'fixes' recommended in the other threads.My Lenovo ideapad 305 was taking over 7 minutes to...
  8. Slow internet speeds since installing SSD and fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speeds since installing SSD and fresh Windows 10 install: A few weeks ago I installed a SSD into my desktop and installed Windows 10 on it. I never checked my speeds at the time so I'm not sure exactly when my download speeds started to be terrible, but I assume it was then. Other computers on the network get the proper download...
  9. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  10. My SSD is booting very slow

My SSD is booting very slow: Hi everyone, I am a new member of the forum. My SSD is booting very slow & I need help solving this. The SSD is about 2 years old & has been upgraded to Win 10 for about a 1 yr, after googling the problem & following up on a suggestion, I downloaded and ran Crystal...