Windows 10: Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

Discus and support Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a family PC here with Windows 10 installed that has a BSOD issue Error code is 0xc000021a No matter what i have tried to bring it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shankly1985, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

Hello, I have a family PC here with Windows 10 installed that has a BSOD issue Error code is 0xc000021a
    No matter what i have tried to bring it back to life has failed *Sad
    System Restore, Reset, Refresh, SFC/ ScanNow etc etc

This version of Windows was a Free upgrade from Windows 7, The free upgrade has now stopped.
    Am told if I do a fresh install of Windows 10 once the PC is back online it will activate because the Windows 10 licence is linked to the hardware? This true?

Am I at a point now if I want Windows 10 I would need to pay the price to bring this PC back from the dead?

Thanks for any replys

:)

shankly1985, Dec 17, 2016
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Fresh install of windows 10 and keep getting err_connection_refused on few sites

After installing the update, did you encounter any other problems aside from getting that error? Meanwhile, please try the following steps:

• Using your Admin log in, go to your computer's
      Command Prompt
      by typing in cmd on the Search bar.
    • Run the commands below.
    • ipconfig/release
    • ipconfig/all
    • ipconfig/flushdns
    • ipconfig/renew
    • netsh int ip set dns
    • netsh winsock reset
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Fresh install of windows 10 and keep getting err_connection_refused on few sites

Hey everyone, I recently upgraded my laptop with an ssd drive and installed a fresh copy of windows 7 first. I kept getting the err_connection_refused message on every site I went to other than google and microsoft sites. I then upgraded the windows to
    windows 10 thinking that will solve the issue but I keep getting the same message. I have installed all the drivers yet I keep getting this message? Can anyone please help solve this issue??

fatdudeslim, Dec 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

As long as you install the same version (Home or Pro, Single language if the previous version was Single Language, N version if the previous version was N version), Windows 10 will retrieve the digital license stored on Microsoft activation servers and activate itself when connected to the internet. If you are asked for a product key during install, click the little link that says "I don't have a product key".

NavyLCDR, Dec 17, 2016
  5. Excellent am sure the free upgrade was singe language and was 64bit pro

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    There is no Single Language Pro Windows 10 (or Windows 7 or 8). Single Language edition only comes in Home version. Look on the PC for a Certificate of Authenticity sticker that will have a product key printed on it and should also tell you which version of Windows 7 was on it.

NavyLCDR, Dec 17, 2016
  7. Windows 7 Pro was the version and Windows 10 pro is what is installed. On the USB I can choose what version to install.

8. Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

excellent Windows activated *Biggrin

shankly1985, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

1. Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation? - Similar Threads - fresh install keep

2. Activate windows after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows after fresh install: I had a crash and found faulty hardware, and ended up wiping my main windows drive to do a fresh install. Now when I log in I get the "Activate Windows" after logging into my account. As if my key no longer works. This key is literally less than 2 months old. Any help works,...
  3. Activate windows after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate windows after fresh install: I had a crash and found faulty hardware, and ended up wiping my main windows drive to do a fresh install. Now when I log in I get the "Activate Windows" after logging into my account. As if my key no longer works. This key is literally less than 2 months old. Any help works,...
  4. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing: My specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 2700xMOBO: Aorus B450 Pro WiFiRAM: 2x8gb TridentZ G.Skill RGB 3200 mhz working at default bios settings 2133mhzGPU: MSI GT 710STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 SSD NVMe M.2 512GBPSU: EVGA 500W 80+ BronzeOS: the latest Windows 10 Pro This a PC I used at job, It's...
  5. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing: My specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 2700xMOBO: Aorus B450 Pro WiFiRAM: 2x8gb TridentZ G.Skill RGB 3200 mhz working at default bios settings 2133mhzGPU: MSI GT 710STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 SSD NVMe M.2 512GBPSU: EVGA 500W 80+ BronzeOS: the latest Windows 10 Pro This a PC I used at job, It's...
  6. Fresh installed windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing: I built this PC in 2015 and it has always had Windows 7 on it. Since that is becoming outdated, I am trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 I don’t currently have an activation code. I have a 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD that have been wiped clean with no data. I have a MSI...
  8. Fresh Install of Windows 10 keeps looping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install of Windows 10 keeps looping: I just built a brand new pc and i'm trying to install windows 10 from Microsoft's Windows 10 Home USB to no avail. I must preface this by acknowledging that I am a PC building novice and so i'm going off instructions on the internet. CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: Radeon RX500 XT...
  9. Windows not activating after fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not activating after fresh install: I recently upgraded my motherboard and such, and got a new drive for my computer. Once installing windows onto the new drive, it wouldn't allow me to active it, even though it should be digitally licensed and linked to my account. Is there a fix to let me activate windows?...
  10. Windows activation on fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on fresh install: I recently upgraded almost all the hardware in my pc including my motherboard. My new motherboard did not recognize my ssd with windows installed as a bootable device so after some troubleshooting I decided to freshly install windows on said ssd. I have a windows 10 pro...